Sunday, 21 September 2008

Daring Cardmakers - All Mixed Up

Phew! It's a busy day today - an award, an update on freebies and now another card!

This week's Daring Cardmakers challenge is a bit of a tricky one, well I thought it was.

"This week's theme is All Mixed Up. How come the majority of girls' cards are pink and flowery and the boys are blue and have absolutely no flowers at all? What about cars for girls??? hmmm? This week Tracie wants you to mix up those genders and create cards with a little bit of something not normally found for that sex."

I kept my card in manly colours because I think it would be really difficult to get away with pink flowers on a man's card. My feminine elements are ribbons, flowers and a couple of heart brads. I think I can just about get away with this for a man.




This card also continues on from the 'colouring the dots' card I did last Tuesday (16 September). This time I swiss dotted some red card, made it into a frame and coloured the dots in with black whispers pens. I mounted the frame onto black card and cut the middle aperture and added it to the card with 3d foam pads. Ribbons, Flowers, Brads and Peel-offs were the only other things needed. A quickie card make.


I did try to do a 'Girl Racer' card too, in blue with a silver motorbike on it - but it turned out way too butch so I won't be sharing that one.

Sharon

3 comments:

LOUISE said...

Lovely card Sharon, love the colours! Louise x

Chhaya said...

beautiful card sharon! lucky guy, i must say :D

i posted something new :)

Pauline C said...

Great card Sharon - love the strong colours
Pauline x
PS congrats on entering the top 200 blogs too - woo hoo!!

Slideshow