Friday, 12 September 2008

Daring Cardmakers

Friday Card Challenge

Tonight I came across a fab blog site called Daring Cardmakers (http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/) which does a challenge every Friday. Today's challege was to create something starting from the quote:

Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
Henry Van Dyke


Well, I couldn't resist because I've been wanting to use this stamp for ages .... and I think it fits the bill. After all, what may be music to some is discord to others - but it is all talent in someone's eyes.

Okay, here's the card I created.



Here's a close-up of the stamp


I do hope they like it. It may be a bit tongue in cheek but that ginger Tom is such a great stamp crying out for that quote.


Sharon

10 comments:

MeandLilG said...

Hi Sharon, just popped in to see the new blog! Love your work - adding you to my 'blogroll' (don't you love that?) and I'll be by again soon xx

Susan (Sue H) said...

Aw Sharon, your card really brought a smile to my face.
What a great stamp and you’re right, it fits Kathy’s dare perfectly.
Thanks for joining in and I hope we see you again on Tuesdays and Fridays for our dares.

Lythan said...

Tee hee! I think this is a brilliant take on using the quote. That stamp is fab!

Margaret said...

Another fab card Sharon xx Lizzy

Jozza said...

Hehe that's great :o) Love your take on the challenge!

Thanks for taking us up on the dare!

xxx

Hazel said...

What a lovely fun card - great for the dare.

Angelnorth said...

Hee hee, cute stamp and a great one for the challenge, love it!

Pauline C said...

That's brilliant! So apt! and a gorgeous card too - love the construction with the tag and everything
Pauline x

Kathy said...

Great card! I think you've really got the meaning behind the quote!

Ultramum said...

LOL! Love the cat!!!

Slideshow