Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Papertake Weekly No 12 - Clearly Christmas

Here I go again.....doing something new for me; is there nothing I'm scared of?
This is my first acetate card and I'm really pleased with it. My daughter was so impressed with this one that she's given me an order to make 50 acetate cards for her to give out at Christmas (all free to her of course!).

Okay, so the wonderful Katharina has come up with a great sketch for the Papertake Weekly challenge this week, and I'm sorry Katharina but I have taken a bit of a liberty and only used part of your sketch. However, as soon as I saw the layout I knew it was right for my Kanban toppers and some acetate I got in a goody bag.

Here's the card I made:


Items used:
Kanban Naughty and Nice Topper and sentiment (on the front)
Acetate sheet and patterned paper from the DoCrafts goody bag
Computer printed sentiment inside
Deep red ink pad
Celebrate Ribbon (it's actually a beautiful green and gold)

I hope you like it Katharina - even though it only uses part of your sketch.
Thanks for looking

Coming later today:

  • Penny Black seasons - a second card to depict Summer (complete with candy floss and windmill!)
  • Basic Grey challenge


Sharon


13 comments:

Alison said...

Stunning creation, love it.

Sue said...

Hi Sharon, this is fabulous, i love it & i'm not surprised you got an order,it's stunning:-)

sue
xx

My Little Space said...

Absolutely stunning, it's always fun to try something new.

Mandy

Pauline C said...

Nice one! Very unusual - love it!
Pauline x

Rach said...

oh wow sharon this is fabulous, think i'm going to have to get myself some of these acetate cards...hugs rachxx

Cathy said...

Stunning creation - love the acetate.
Cathy xx

carolann said...

This is absolutely stunning hun WTG xxx

Michele said...

Stunning card. Love it. Michele x

Kimberley said...

Very original image and card.

Moni said...

wow.. what a beautiful card

lisa said...

different but stunning xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card and so elegant.

Valoudesbois said...

c'est beau !!!!!

Slideshow