Monday, 22 September 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge 15

This week's Penny Black Challenge is to "decorate the inside of your card". Well, I always do put a little decoration in the middle of my cards, so I thought I'd have a go at this challenge and try out something new (for me). I hadn't made one of those cards with a dangly middle bit yet and this seemed the perfect thing to try. Okay, I have learnt from the experience - namely don't use a piece of acetate that is too wide (as I have done) because it can clearly be seen. I was worried that the weight of the Xmas tree would drag it down too much so I made the acetate wider than necessary. We live and learn. eh?

For this challenge I used the Penny Black 'Xmas Constellation' Christmas tree stamp.

This is the front of the card:



And here is the inside:



Front of card: Penny Black Xmas Constellation stamp heat embossed with silver tinsel Heat it up embossing powder. Papers: Blue glitter card from onestopcardcrafts, Anita's Classic Christmas Blue Papers Let it snow, Silver textured and silver mat from a grab bag of offcuts at my local stockist. Dovecraft 3mm baby blue satin ribbon. Ink it up! turquoise ink. Plain blue paper, Snowflake brads, Silver wire and Silver sequins from my stash.

Inside Card: Penny Black Xmas Constellation stamp heat embossed with silver tinsel Heat it up embossing powder onto Papermania plain blue vellum. Backing paper with sentiment created in Microsoft Publisher using a snowflake clip art. Papermaina ribbon for edging. Clear acetate strip.

Thanks for looking.......and thanks for the challenge - yet another Christmas card completed!

Tomorrow. I hope to have another tutorial for you tomorrow. This one will show how to make one of those cards that has a secret middle bit.

There may even be a couple of freebie embellishments to go with the backing papers I gave you last Friday - but that depends on whether I have time to finish them.

Sharon





9 comments:

Beth said...

Ooh, no-one has done one like this yet! It's fabulous! I love the colours and stamp you've used too! Thanks for joining in! xx

Kath said...

Hi Sharon and welcome to PBSC - beautiful card for the challenge - love the colourway and all the textures....and beautiful decoration the inside...thanks for playing along this week at PBSC and hope to see you often.
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Helen said...

What a great idea! Gorgeous card!
Helen x

Sirpaliina said...

Beautiful card!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh this is so pretty. Love your image and dp gorgeous.
kim x

Jovita said...

Beautiful Christmas card, the colors are so pretty. Thanks for playing along in this weeks PBSC ~ Jovi

Allison said...

very elegant and the colours are so subtle yet lovely
AllisonX

tracie said...

oh wow Sharon this is stunning, love the inside its gorgeous and the little tree is fab. Great work, thanks for joining us this week :)x

Mrs Wonka said...

This is simply stunning!

Mrs Wonka x

Slideshow