Monday, 29 September 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge 16

Challenge 16 at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge is all about Seasons this week.

"You can choose any 'Season' - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
as always it is entirely up to you what you make...a card, atc, altered art etc....just as long as it features at least one Penny Black image".


I think I might try to make one card for each season this week because it is so nice to use my own layouts instead of following a sketch. However, I wanted to start with Winter because that is the easy one for me to do. This is the first Christmas card I've made this year using the traditional colours of Red, Gold and Green.

Items used:

Anita's Traditional Christmas papers. Red and green card. 'Night Before Christmas' PB stamp, water coloured and glamour dust added to the white fur. Green glittered Prima flowers and holly leaves. Papermania gold brads, Red Christmas ribbon from a DoCrafts goody bag. Gold border peel-offs.

This was a good way yo use up all those tiny bits of gold border peel-off that are too small to be used as borders. I just added an 'icicle fringe' across the top of the card. Now the card is made I don't know why I've resisted using these colours so far this year. This card gives the feeling of Christmas so much more than the others I've made.

Hope Christmas qualifies as WINTER.


Thanks for looking


Sharon

6 comments:

Kath said...

gorgeous card for the challenge Sharon - love the Winter theme and can't wait to see your other seasons - cute image and great colour work and great idea for the icicle fringing - thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs
Kath
xxxx

Pascalebrad said...

Love the traditional feel to your card and the cutie cat. Pascale :)

Helen said...

Lovely card! Such a cute image!
Looking forward to seeing your other seasons too!
Helen x

Pauline C said...

Lovely! That icicle fringe is great! I'm looking forward to using that image that you've sent me ... hope I can get a result half as good!
Pauline x

carolann said...

Great card hun WTG xxxx

Västäräkki said...

Such a wonderful card, I love the colours, too!

Slideshow