Thursday, 25 September 2008

Saturday Sketchers No 17 ?? .....possibly

Well, here's a card that didn't turn out at all as I expected. I found a fabulous 3D Christmas tree tutorial at Crafti-n-est and thought I would try it out using a different shape. I began by being true to the tutorial, except using a star shape instead of a Christmas tree, but the card started to get blindingly yellow. So, making an alteration, I kept the 3d effect on it's own and the card just made itself to the Sketch Saturday Layout Challenge.









I'm not sure I can enter it because it hasn't got a stamped image.....but the sketch doesn't say 'image' on it anywhere so maybe I'll have a go. I'm sure they'll let me know if it isn't allowed by deleting the comment I leave! Here's a pic of the sketch layout.


Papers: Papermania The Big One, and Papermania Naughty and Nice. Yellow Card, Gold Border Peel-off's, Gold confetti stars, snowflake stamp embossed with Gold Tinsel embossing powder. Fiskars Border Punch. Ribbon.

Later
Okay, I'll be back later with a Daring Cardmakers Tues challenge - how many cards can you make from 3 sheets of paper. Here's a sneaky peek at how it's going.












Thanks for looking.


Sharon

3 comments:

Rach said...

wow great cards. how clever. hugs rachxx

Jo said...

Fabulous work Sharon! wow what an impact! stunning work, of course you can enter the challenge! our sketches are guides only, sometimes they say image sometimes they don't, but it isn't set in stone, it's all about the sketch itself and your card is perfect!
Thank you for joining us this week and good luck for the challenge!

Jo xx

Gill said...

Stunning card, love the colours, thanks for joining us at SS
Gill x

Slideshow