Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Using up your papers

Using Up Your Papers





Are you like me? I keep buying pads of lovely papers and then find that I use one or two sheets from the pad and put the rest away safe because they are too pretty to use. After all, there's always the chance that I might just need them for that 'special card'. Well, no more. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf.

Late yesterday afternoon I bought a pack of Anita's Classic Christmas Blue papers and when I got home I gave myself a really good telling off for letting even more papers jump into my shopping basket! So, this time I am determined to use the whole pack up before I buy any more Christmas papers. We'll just see how this pans out.

I just love these new papers from Anita, and I have 50 sheets to get through - so I make that approximately 50 - 70 small cards. Last night I made a start and the first 5 cards were created (see pick above). These were a very quick and easy make, so for those interested here are the instructions for this quick and easy make.

You will need:
1 C6 white card blank
1 pack Anita's Christmas Blue Papers 6" x6" (ANT 1601901)
Papermania Clear Stamp pack "Let It Snow" (PMA9071900)
Sheet of corner peel-offs (STARFORM.NL 980)
4 blue gems
Approx 40cm length of baby blue 3mm wide satin ribbon
Clear embossing Stamp Pad
Heat It Up! Silver Embossing Powder (PWR 70302)
Heat embossing tool
Acrylic Block
3D foam pads or foam tape
Silver Card stock
Navy Blue Card stock
Pale blue card stock
Double-sided tape
Anita's Tacky Glue


How to make the card:

1. For the main backing on the card, cut a piece of the navy blue card stock to 14.5cm x 10cm. Cut a piece of the Christmas tree paper from the Anita's pad to 14cm x 9.5cm. Attach double sided tape to the back of the Christmas tree paper and then stick it centrally onto the navy blue card stock. Add a bell corner peel-off to each corner, lining it up on the Christmas tree paper.

2. Next cut a 10cm x 2.5cm strip of striped paper from the Anita's pad. Tie the ribbon around this strip of paper lengthwise and tie a bow making sure the bow ends up 1cm in from the left hand side of the paper. Attach this strip to the middle of the Christmas tree paper you already backed onto the navy blue card using double sided tape. Now you have the backing for the card completed. Attach double sided tape to the rear of the navy blue card and affix the whole thing onto the middle of a C6 card blank.

3. For the topper. Cut a piece of pale blue card to the dimensions of 4.5cm x 7cm. Take the Christmas tree stamp and place it onto an acrylic block. Ink up the stamp with clear ink and stamp an image onto the centre of the pale blue card. Sprinkle silver embossing powder over the inked image, shake off the excess powder had apply heat to the image using a heat embossing tool. Don't forget to clean your stamp and put it away.

4. Cut a piece of silver card to the size of 5cm x 7.5cm. Stick the stamped image of the Christmas tree onto the centre of the silver card using double sided tape. Cut a piece of navy blue card to the size of 5.5cm x 8cm. Stick the stamped image onto the centre of this navy blue card using double sided tape. Apply 3D foam pads or some foam tape to the back of this navy blue card and stick it down centrally onto your backed card. Finally put a small blob of Anita's Tacky Glue onto each corner of the topper (on the pale blue card) and attach a light blue gem to each blob of glue.

And there you have it! I hope you found these instructions easy to follow. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you got on.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Slideshow