Thursday, 16 October 2008

Autumn WOJ meets Crafty Creations

It has been such a busy day today....must be the run-up to my granddaughters Baptism on Sunday. We've been out looking at Christening cakes today to get ideas for how I can decorate the one for Amelia. It's just taken all day to do that.

Anyway, onto today's card. I thought I'd join in the WOJ Challenge this week for the first time with my very first WOJ card. The theme is Autumn colours and I really enjoyed colouring Willow with these colours. I've used the 'Willow with Hot Chocolate' stamp and it seemed so appropriate to add her onto the 'Fall Grass' background stamp.

It's also an Autumn Theme over at Cute Card Thursday so I'd like to enter this into that challenge too.

Finally, for the Hat Trick, I'm also entering this on into the Crafty Creations challenge (formerly SBS18) which this week is all about 'Ribbons and Buttons and Flowers...Oh My!'


I've also decorate the inside of the card - it is just ready for some white paper with the sentiment to be added into the middle of the tweed paper on the right.

Items used:
Papers: Making Memories 'Lauren' Multi pack 'Tweed', and DCWV Once Upon A Time stack
Orange Card.
Ribbons, 3 bows added together from stash, green stitched one is Papermania
Button: Papermania
Flowers: Mix of Prima, Papermania and Xcut punched
Watercolour Pencils (first time I've tried using watercolour paper too, I'm not sure if I like this media or not).

Well, I've managed to upload this post and now my daughter is throwing me off my PC - goodness knows what time I'll manage to get back on it tonight.

22 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, the image and colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

carolann said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning hun well done xxxxxx

Donna said...

Wow great card Sharon, your ribbons and flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining in the crafty creations challenge. Donna x

tiina38 said...

Cute card!

Tiina

gina g said...

what can i say Sharon, Fab card's love the willow stamp, yes you were right she is rather cute lol. gina xx

Nikki said...

Both cards look great. I love autumn colours, they always look so good on a card.
Nikki x

joey said...

beautiful card and wonderful colours.x

Rachel said...

This is a GORGEOUS card!

Cathy said...

Such a gorgeous card - can't add to that I love it!!
Cathy xx

Angie C said...

Such a lovely card Sharon. Love those autumnal colours you have used. The flowers and bows add a lovely finishing touch. Also, love the way you decorate your inserts too - like getting 2 cards in 1 :-)
Angie

mueppi said...

Great card and wonderful colours!
Hugs Gisela

COCO said...

very nice card and i love your papers and coloring !!!

Heather said...

gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining in the crafty creations challenge, I hope you'll come back for more :)
hugs

Anne said...

What a lovely Autumn card, I dove love the Willow image :)

tina46 said...

your card is wonderful designed!!!!!
hugs tina46

acreativeneed said...

A perfect image for an Autumn theme! Lovely card, with such pretty flowers and button accents! So glad you could join in the challenge this week.
Smiles,Deena
SBS18

Jane Carroll said...

sensational card

thanks for joining us this week on CC

hugs jane x

Scrapmumur said...

Your card is marvellous!!
Great colours used.
Love your card!!!!
hugs
Mumur

Rach said...

wow, such a pretty card Sharon, a wonderful creation. hugs rachxx

Debbie said...

A really pretty card!

Jilli said...

A gorgeous card! Jillix

Donalda's Blog said...

Gorgeous dear such beautiful colors too thanks for joining us this week dear

Slideshow