Thursday, 16 October 2008

Basic Grey meets Papertake weekly

I've had to double up again because I've had such a busy week so far. I've been meaning to do these challenges all week and, to be honest, my previous 2 attempts were pretty poor which is why I'm late with this one.

The Basic Grey Challenge is this week is a colour combo challenge.
" we would like to see your creations using one of the following color combos :)
Green & Red/Maroon
Brown & Cream
Blue & Gold/Yellow/Orange"


I haven't seen many Xmas blue and gold cards, so I thought I'd give that a try.

I have used the Papertake Weekly sketch created by the talented Katharina as the basis for this card.

Items used:
Papers: Basic Grey two scoops. Gold card
Stamps WOJ 'Willow with lantern' and Basic Grey 'Birds of a Feather' (gold embossed on the blue paper)
Blue and Bronze Gems, Yellow Ribbon and Xmas sentiment from my stash.
Snowflakes gifted to me by my friend Gina
Water Colour pencils

11 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Wow what a stunner this is Sharon, fabulous colouring of the lovely WOJ stamp and great papers that match perfectly
Hugs Jacqui x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Sharon ... so THAT is "Willow with Lantern" ... gorogeous stamp!! I have also managed to familiarise myself with the other Willow Stamps you mentioned and theya re gorgeous too :-)
Pauline x

gina g said...

lovely card Sharon fab colour, isn't she gorgeous. take care. gina xx

Angie C said...

Beautiful Christmas card Sharon. Love the stamp you have used and your colouring is great :-)

Have a good weekend,
hugs
Angie

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card Sahron, love the image which you've coloured perfectly and your choice of colours. Jillix

Donna said...

Stunning card Sharon, so elegant and rich looking. Have a great weekend. Donna x

Tara said...

Very pretty card Sharon, it is a lovely colour combo for a Christmas card! I know what you mean about having a busy week and trying to fit in your cardmaking..... arghhhhhhhh, the pressure, lol!!! xxx

Bev said...

Utterly gorgeous card Sharon, love the colours and papers.

hugs Bev x

Kim Piggott said...

Fabulous card, stunning colouring on your image lovely papers.
kim x

steph said...

Great card! Gorgeous stamp! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

carolann said...

brilliant card hun WTG xxx

Slideshow