Friday, 3 October 2008

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 30

Well, I thought I was going to miss making a card with my Penny Blacks yesterday but when I saw the theme at Cute Card Thursday this week is 'Christmas Animals' ....out came all the PB stamps again. I apologise for using this stamp twice in one week, but I really love it.

My card has been made for a friend who doesn't like 'too much fuss on my cards' (in her words) so I've had to pull myself back from over-embellishing it.

I think this will please her and it does please me because I did a tiny bit of 3D decoupage (only 2 layers above the base image). I can hardly call it decoupage really, to me true decoupage is 4 or more layers so this is just a bit of cutting out.



Items used:
  • Gold C6 Card stock

  • Anita's Christmas paper and Anita's vellum

  • Gold and red mirri card for matting

  • Peel off sentiment from the Docrafts Goody Bag

  • Penny Black 'Night Before Xmas' stamp - water coloured and glamour dust added to the hat fur

  • confetti stars threaded onto gold and red sewing thread

Thanks for looking,

15 comments:

Pauline C said...

Awww lovely! This image is so cute .... I'll definitely be getting round soon to using the images of this stamp you sent me :-)
Pauline x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love how you have 3D the cute image. Thanks for joining in CCT challenge

Donna said...

Oh its lovely Sharon, i'm a bit of a plain card lover myself, your friend will love it. Donna x

Nikki said...

This looks lovely your friend should love it.
Nikki x

steph said...

Thanks so much for the card you sent for PTW/ children in need challenge! It arrived safely! x

Jo said...

Oh this is lovely and the image reminds me of my new artful stamper stamp too

mueppi said...

Wow..... Sharon
what a lovely stamp!
I love this cute image and your colours!
Hugs Gisela

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

This card is lovely, what an adorable image. Linda x

Angie C said...

Great card Sharon, and I see you are getting in the mood for Christmas LOL. The image you have used is so very cute and I love the way you have layered it up too.
hugs
Angie

Kim Piggott said...

Gorgeous card!
Your friend will love this.
kim x

carolann said...

Awesome work hun well done xxxxx

Rica said...

Gorgeous card Sharon. I love the way you've decoupaged the image - it makes such a difference.
Hugs Heather xx
Sorry about the Basic Grey idea - but I was there first (LOL) - for a change I might add - I'm usually on the last gasp.
Hugs Heather xxx

Allison said...

great card, lovely 3D image
AllisonX

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love that image and the decoupaging looks fab! Jillix

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love that image and the decoupaging looks fab! Jillix

Slideshow