Saturday, 18 October 2008

Friday Sketchers and Christening Keepsakes


Well it is a late post today; getting things ready for the christening has taken over - but more of that later. Here's a card I put together for the Friday Sketchers challenge this week. I used the great sketch given to us by Heidi.


I tried to make Tilda's coat look like a PVC mac, and IRL it does. Not sure if the photo has picked it up well enough.


Items used: Black card, Floral print from One Stop Card Crafts, Whit card embossed with stylised flowers cuttlebug folder, Red organza ribbon, red felt, Black papermania buttons, Threads by Darius, Black buckle, Tilda is water coloured and Anita's 3D gloss added to the coat and shoes.


Now, the Christening. The cake is all decorated but I haven't taken a photo of that yet. I had a special request from my daughter for me to make and send a bookatrix from my DH and I. Here it is, boxed and outside the box. The poem I've used is about a guardian angel on my shoulder.
















My daughter (the Mum) wanted bootees for her to give, so here they are (template used from Keepsakes by design).





















Finally my other daughter, who is being a Godparent, wanted a highchair. Again, the template is from Keepsakes by design.






















Phew! been really busy, but the big day is tomorrow so I got it all done in time!




19 comments:

gina g said...

Well you have been as busy as a bee, fab card's well done on a busy week what with cake ect. Hope tomorrow goes well and the weather hold's up too. gina xx

6 wacky women said...

WOW! Absolutley beautiful chistening gifts. You are so talented with your papercrafts.
Take care
Karen

cats whiskers said...

Oh how busy have you been but what wonderful and beautifull cards and creations these are, you must be so proud of yourself
. I have nor got the words to say how stunning they all are
Hugs Jacqui x
ps Have a great christening

Pauline C said...

Fantastic work Sharon - wow you ahve been busy. Hope you ahve a great day at the christening
Pauline x

Angie C said...

Wow Sharon, these are all so beautiful - totally stunning. You have been very busy!! Have fun at the Christening
hugs
Angie

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards and keepsakes Sharon!

There's a little something for you over on my blog...

Helen x

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Beautiful card!! Love this Tilda. And your christening gifts are stunning, what a lot of work, but it looks so great, this little child must feel all the love that is coming with it!!! Thanks for joining us at FS! Love from Holland,
jacqueline

Simone said...

I don't know what to say...
It´s GREAT!!! Really GREAT!!!

Simone

Cardmaking Galore said...

Wow love those shoes

Nikki said...

They look FAB. Absolutley beautiful. Hope you all had a great day.
Nikki x

Tara said...

OMG, you have such a talent! These Christening gifts are amazing, you must be so exhausted!! xxx

Mrs Wonka said...

Wow you have been super busy! I love all of your creations! The booties are just tooooooo cute!

Mrs W x

Donna said...

Oh wow Sharon, how impressed am i? These are amazing, beautiful, fantastic... Hope you all had a great day. Donna x

gina g said...

Hope your weekend went well. There is something in my blog for you. luv gina xx

Pauline C said...

Hi there .. hope you had a good weekend. Have left you a little something on my blog
Pauline x

carolann said...

awesome creations love the boots hun xxxxxx

Jamie Martin said...

Wow, everything is amazing! You did a wonderful job :)

Heidi said...

Your card is so beautiful I really love it. Wonderful colors and details
And the shoes - WOW!!!!
Hugs from
Heidi

megastamper said...

oh really cute and so wonderful works you´ve made ... i love it all!!
hugs, bea

Slideshow