Saturday, 4 October 2008

Friday Sketchers Challenge 22


It's Carol from England hosting the Friday Sketchers Challenge this week. She's produced a fab sketch to help use up all those loose ends and bits of ribbon, fibres or card that we all have in our scrap pile.

I was getting a bit fed up with Christmas so I've gone for a change. The other thing about Christmas is that we tend to use lots of bright colours (well I have on most of my cards). So that got me thinking about creating a black and white card. I've never stamped something and then coloured it in in black and grey before so I thought I would try it out. I'm quite pleased with the image; it's certainly different for me.

Items used:

  • Dovecraft Charcoal Prints paper. Black and white card.
  • Woodware 'Plum Blossom' stamp. Water coloured with black and grey. White acrylic highlights.
  • Various ribbons, lace, card candy, paperclips, gems and embellishments from my stash.

I just need to add a sentiment once I decide what I will use this card for.

Thanks for looking,



17 comments:

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful card!! I love black and white cards...very elegant.
Have a great day
Karen

Jenny said...

gorgeous card, love the mono colourscheme,
jenny

Shary said...

Great monochromatic card. Very elegant.

Rach said...

gorgeous card Sharon, looks so elegant in the black and white. love the embellishments that you have added. hugs rachxx

Simone said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous! Great effekt by these colours!!!
Simone

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Wow, stunning black and white card! Love your ribbons and all the gorgeous details on them! Thanks for trying my sketch!
Carole

Angie C said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love all the embellishments you have used and your stamped image looks great too. I always think black and white makes such elegant cards.
hugs
Angie

Stempelfrosch said...

Wow, love the blachk and white Sharon! Great card, fantastic stamps!
Lg Anke

Donna said...

Oh i love what you have done with the sketch, this image is lovely. Donna x

sue said...

Great card Sharon. I love black and white cards, and you have used some lovely embellishments.
Hugs Sue x

Rachel said...

this is such a beautiful card! love the image and the black n white.

carolann said...

Very elegant card I love black and white stunning hun xxxx

Pauline C said...

Very cool - great card!
Pauline x

megastamper said...

really wonderful, the image i´ve never seen before ... fantastic!!!
hugs, bea

Heidi said...

Your card is so beautiful.
Love the cute image and it is so great with the black and white.
Thank you for taking part of the FS challenge this week.

Hugs from
Heidi

Bev said...

Oh this is fabulous Sharonn, the image is adorable. Love the colour scheme too

hugs Bev x

Mrs Wonka said...

The black & white is so effective, this is really stunning!

Mrs Wonka x

Slideshow