Thursday, 9 October 2008

How to get something SOOOO wrong!

.....but still get it SOOOO right!


When you enter into a friendship swap - be sure to read the small print!

I was incredibly pleased with this card as it's one of the best I've ever made (thanks to the very talented Rach and the fantastic way she decorates the insides of her cards - I hope I've not copied too closely as I was aiming to flatter rather than copy). Anyway, the card was made, duly dispatched by Royal Mail to my swap partner and delivered in good time and good order. A wonderful 'Thank You' e-mail then came back..... with a final question of "How does this fit in with the Halloween Challenge?" Oooooops! I didn't read that bit. Actually, the Halloween challenge was optional so I'm okay - but I have managed to fit it into the challenge anyway (see the end of this posting for my creative thinking on the subject).

Here is the card I made.

Front with tag in pocket


Front with tag outside the pocket :

This one shows the reverse of the tag:

and here's the inside of the card:

I put the close-up picture of the pocket, which is made of acetate and run through the Swiss Dots folder, on the site yesterday. I wanted to do a tag card that you could see the papers underneath when the tag was removed.

I used:
Papers: a mix of Making Memories, DCWV Once Upon A Time Stack, and DCWV Pocket Full of Posies Stack. Acetate, Brown Card.
Stamp: Sweet Ebony Penpal
Inks: Watercolour pencils, Tea Dye Distress Ink, Black Stayzon
Ribbons and threads from stash.
Papermania Brad and buttons
Sizzix die cut flowers.
Computer printed insert and on back of tag
Hand stitching

How does it fit in with Halloween?

Has
Acetate and
Lots of stitching, some
Lovely ribbons, and an
Ornate (okay, that may be pushing it)
Window pocket that is
Embossed, with a Sweet
Ebony tag
Nah, nah, na, na, nah

Lol!


8 comments:

Angie C said...

Stunning card Sharon. Love all the different papers you have used, they all co-ordinate so well together. What a fabulous idea to add a pocket and tag. I love the way you decorate the inserts on your card too - a lovely finishing touch. As for getting it slightly wrong, I'm sure after receiving such a wonderful card your swap partner will forgive you.
hugs
Angie

CraftyC said...

Your card is stunning and I see exactly how it fits with the challenge (rofl), no excuses now!!
Clairex

carolann said...

This is stunning hun great card and I think your interpretation of the challenge is simply brilliant hun xxxxx

6 wacky women said...

You are too funny!!! What a great mind to think of an ending like that. Bravo, Sharon...I also love your card! Great colors.
Karen

Babz said...

What a fantastic card Sharon, you made me laugh with your small print lol
Babz :0)

Nikki said...

Love the card it looks fab, and I thought that is what Halloween stood for anyway !
Nikki x

Pauline C said...

Stunning card Sharon. i don't think my friendship card will be Hallowe'en related either LOL!
Pauline x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! I forgot about the Halloween bit too when I made my card! lol
Helen x

Slideshow