Friday, 24 October 2008

Lili of the Valley

This is my first entry into the Lili of the Valley challenge. The theme this week is
Red, Green and Gold

I was determined not to make a christmas card because those colours are used for Xmas a lot. .....well, that turned out to plan, didn't it? Yes, the card made itself as a Christmas one. lol.

I also took the Mojo Monday sketch as inspiration for this one. It is a fab sketch to work with. I did take a little liberty and just used the die-cut instead of another matted square.

Items used. Papers: Green snowflake paper and sentiment is a freebie with a magazine and the gold sparkly paper was recycled from one of my granddaughter's christening presents. Red paper from OneStop Card Crafts. Green and gold card from stash.
Ribbons: Celebrate.
Brads: I think are dovecraft.
Die cut: Lili of the valley - Scarlet
Glamour dust added to wings.

7 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Sharon this is lovely and clever you not to make a Christmas card. I love the different papers and the layout, thanks for joining us hope it will not be the last time
Hugs Jacqui x
ps have a great weekend

Hazel said...

Wow lovely card, really love the gold sparkly paper, Thanks for looking at my blog. Hazel xo

Kim said...

How pretty is this, I luv the big brads....

Pauline C said...

Fantastic card - lovely and original for Christmas!
pauline x

carolann said...

Fantastic work well done hun xxxx

Love to Doodle! said...

This is fabulous Sharon...love the way you've used the colours/papers.....fab design...x

Donalda's Blog said...

This is so pretty dear. I am so glad you joined us hope to see you more dear

Slideshow