Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Mojo Monday




Not having played along with the Mojo Monday challenge before, I was not sure how closely you have to follow the sketch. So I played safe and was as true to the sketch as I could be.

I also think I'm starting to see the beginnings of what could end up as my 'style' of card making. I'm really enjoying combining my love of sewing/needlecraft with that of card making and I find a little bit of hand sewing onto paper and card very relaxing indeed. So possibly, my style may end up reflecting this. But who knows? I haven't found my style as yet.

Items used in this card:
Papers: Making Memories - a combination of Olivia, Lauren and Vintage Hip
Image: gifted to me by my buddy Gina G
Eyelets and Button: Papermania
Flower: Prima and Papermania
Leaf: Prima
Ribbon and tiny green beads from my stash
Inks: Ink It Up! purple ink and Black StayzOn
Water colour pencils
Threads from my sewing box



7 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Love this card what a great image and whatbrilliant colour combo
Hugs Jacqui x

Angie C said...

Lovely card Sharon, great image and love all your sewing.
Angie

Rebecca said...

Your sewing looks great! I can't sew on material or paper, and I love it when people can!

gina g said...

Fab card Sharon love it,i haven't used this image yet. gina xx

carolann said...

A beautiful card hun well done xxxx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a fun card. Love your stitching and embellishments. Thanks for playing! :)

Kathryn said...

Fantastic job on the sketch - LOVE how you did that stitching - so very pretty! :)

Slideshow