Friday, 31 October 2008

Spoon full of Sugar and Lili of the Valley

Well, my crafting night was a disaster. 5 cards consigned to the bin, mojo completely gone AWOL, and a mess of crafting items all around me like you wouldn't believe in an attempt to get some crafting inspiration. Always the way isn't it? When you have the time and the peace and quiet to craft you get crafter's block.


Anyway, I did manage to make 1 card for A Spoon Full of Sugar and Lili of the Valley challenges.

A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge is all about 'Sparkle and Bling'. Boy does this card sparkle!

Lili of the Valley wants to see Christmas cards. These two challenges were made for each other this week. We all love plenty of sparkle and bling on our Christmas Cards.


Items used:
My own backing papers (see the freebie link on the right). I randomly embossed a Debbi Moore snowflake stamp in Silver Tinsel embossing powder.
Stamp: Rachael Ann Miller
Snowflake die cuts - gifted to me by Gina.
Silver Glitter, Silver gems, water colour pencils, a peel off and a little blue inking to define edges finished the card off.

I went crazy and glittered the edges of this card. It really adds to the sparkly effect but is sooooo messy!


I really don't think it needs anything else.



17 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh Sharon what a fab card, just adore those colours and the little image, I find these images so hard to colour but you have managed it perfectly. Thanks for joining us Hun
Hugs Jacqui x

Tara said...

You are sooooooo right Sharon, when we have lots of time to get crafting it always goes to pot! I love your card, oodles of gorgeous sparkle!! xx

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, the colours and image are gorgeous

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Sharon Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Donna said...

Hi Sharon, what a cute card, love this image and love your snowflakes too. I know what you mean about crafters block, i got my cuttlebug yesterday and i have been after one for about 6 months now and all i could do was sit and look at it, didn't know what to do!!! Whats that all about lol. Donna x

Hazel said...

Wow sparkletastic. My kind of card!!! Love the stamp too fab, Hazel xo

Paula said...

Great Card sharon i just love cards with sparkle. Boy do i know what you mean about crafters block ive been like that all day lol xxxx

Paula said...

Great card Sharon i just love cards that sparkle. And i know what you mean about crafters block ive been like that all day lol xxxx

Kim said...

Oh my this is gorgeous, sooo pretty..

Sue said...

this is beautiful,loving the soft pastel colours...very delicate:)

sue
xx

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful card, Sharon. I love all the sparkle.
Take care
Karen

mueppi said...

Your card is lovely!
Hugs Gisela

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What a really lovely card, i adore this image and such pretty colours!! hugs lInda x

Bev said...

I think we all work best under pressure, when I think I have loads of time to do something I faff on for ages and still land up rushing it at the last minute lol. This is a fab card Sharon, love the colours and the bling

hugs Bev x

Pauline C said...

Another soooo pretty card ... would never guess your mojo had gone awol LOL!!
Pauline x

Mrs Wonka said...

Ohhhhh I love it, really pretty

Donalda's Blog said...

THis is beautiful dear. Thanks for joining us at the LOTV Challenge blog

Slideshow