Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Stamp Something, Papertake Weekly and A Spoon Full of Sugar Hat Trick

Second post of today! I made this card last night to enter into the following 3 challenges:

Stamp Something has a sketch challenge by that very talented Katherina Frei this week and the layout of this card is based on that sketch.
Papertake Weekly has a theme of 'Frightful but delightful'. Well I tried my best to fit this theme.
And A Spoon Full of Sugar want to see Halloween cards. Now, I don't normally make Halloween cards and this Kerry Jo Stamp is the only one I possess that would qualify for Halloween.



Items used:


Black glitter card, Orange pearlised vellum, White card, Kerry Jo stamp, PaperMania brads, button and ribbon. I got my sewing needle out and added the orange stitches to the ribbon and I stitched the cobweb. Bats are hand cut. Sentiment printed on PC and coloured with my Marvy Blending Blox (shades of orange) I also used this to heavily edge the image.


I tried so hard to make the spider friendly....but I think my brush was a bit too big because he looks quite scary to me!













15 comments:

Pauline C said...

Totally brilliant - love the colour scheme and everything you have used
Pauline x

Donna said...

Fab Card Sharon, love the web. Donna x

Debbie said...

gorgeous card sharon I love all the little details, Thanks for playing along this week,Hugs Debbie x

6 wacky women said...

TOO Cute! I just love it.. the spider web is awesome.
Take care
Karen

Cathy said...

Great Halloween card. Love the image, and the web is fab.
Cathy xx

cats whiskers said...

Love this card what a brilliant colour scheme, that spider is quite scary. I must remember to get this stamp out and use it before Halloween
Hug Jacqui x

Rica said...

Brilliant card Sharon - I just love everything about it.
You must be mad - hand stitching cobwebs (Lol)
hugs Heather xxx

Jilli said...

Wow...get you hand stitching a cobweb... totally amazing! Love it! Jillix

Helen said...

Fab card! I think the spider's cute!
Helen x

Angie C said...

Oh my Sharon, I love this, it's such a fun card. That little spider is such sooo cute (never thought I'd ever call a spider cute LOL). Loving your hand stitching too - must have taken you ages to make the web - brill card.
hugs
Angie

Rach said...

a fabulous card Sharon, love the colours you have used to frame your image..looks wonderful...great spider...hugs rachxx

Debbie said...

Great Halloween card Sharon, I love the witch image and all of the fabulous embellishments....especially the spider with the glittery legs! Debbie x

flati said...

I just love it.. the spider web is awesome.
Hugs~ Sonja x

carolann said...

fantastic work hun xxxx

steph said...

This is great!Love the little spider! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Slideshow