Thursday, 2 October 2008

Triple Whammy

I really struggled to make a card yesterday. I think the distressing news about Barbara (Hunnybunny) and her family affected me very deeply even though I only 'know' her in passing through seeing her wonderful cards on the DoCrafts gallery. I won't go into the details here as Debs (Me-and-Lil G) has covered it on her blog. Barbara and her family are still in my thoughts and prayers today.

I did manage to get one card made to finish off making all 4 seasons for the Penny Black challenge. My Winter card is the entry into the challenge - the other 3, including this one, are just for fun. The last season is Autumn.

I'd like to enter this one into the My time to craft challenge 31 which this week is all about having leaves and trees on your card. My autumn leaf frame ties in nicely with that challenge.

Also, I'm entering this one into the Stamp something challenge, where all you have to do this week is simply stamp something. As well as my penny black stamp, I've individually stamped and cut out the leaves that make up the frame.

Here is the card. I think you can see I was struggling with it.


Papers: K&C Company and Papermania
Ribbon: Papermania. Fibres: Darice
Stamps: Penny Black 'Sentiments' and 2 Debbie Moore leaf stamps
Inks: Water colour pencils. StayzOn and Marvy Blending Blox(for the leaves)
Swirls and sentiment from my stash.

Must dash now because I'm giving my daughter a lift to the doctors. My granddaughter has an awful cough and cold, poor mite, which has moved onto her chest. Not helped by teething either - but she's still a smiley girl despite being poorly; bless.

Till later

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Great card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week xx

Donna said...

Hi Sharon, Fantastic card, i love the leaf border and the colours are so autumny (i probably made that word up lol) Sorry to hear your grandaughter is poorly, hope she gets better soon. I'm off now to see what happened to Barbara and her family, hope they are ok. Take Care Donna x

Kath said...

well done Sharon on completing all 4 seasons....it think that must be a first and thanks for playing along at PBSC
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Hope your GD is soon feeling better

6 wacky women said...

Cutest card, Sharon. I just love it. The leaves are great. Have a great day!
Karen

carolann said...

Wow well done hun stunning work xxxx

Angie C said...

Oooh Sharon, this is lovely :-) Love the way you framed your cute image with leaves and love the added swirls too.
Hope your GD is feeling better soon.
hugs
Angie

Mee said...

Great card, love the leaves frame. Thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge, hope to see you again soon :o) Jo x

Jac said...

Great card I love the frame of leaves such a great idea.

sarahw said...

I really like your card. All the details really make it pop!

Phree said...

Cute card, love your leafy frame.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your card is beautiful! Really lovely...p.s. I love the way you "struggle" (smile).

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Smashing card - thanks for joining the MTTC challenge this week!

Slideshow