Thursday, 23 October 2008

Whiff of Joy Challenge 5

Heather has created an amazing sketch for the Whiff of Joy challenge this week. I had so much fun working with all those layers......and I've given the stitching a rest!! No stitching on this card. at all. I think the spider's web on the card I uploaded yesterday finished me off with stitching for a few days.

Items used:
Papers: Making Memories Simply Fabulous Collection - Meg.
Lilac card and white card
Stamps: Whiff of Joy Willow with umbrella and sentiment
Inks: Ink it Up! Purple ink, watercolour pencils
Anita's 3D clear gloss
Lilac gems.

To add dimension to the card I have applied Anita's clear gloss to the umbrella, the puddle, and the raindrops. I also made large Raindrop embellishments instead of adding flowers because I wanted to make the most of the papers used and keep as much visible as possible.
Oh, and I just had to draw in a puddle again because I liked it so much on my lemon and grey card a couple of days ago.

17 comments:

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Sharon, a beautiful card and i love the colours you've chosen. Hugs Linda x

Shary said...

Gorgeous colours and a lovely card.

Shary said...

Gorgeous colours and a lovely card.

mar1ene said...

Gorgeous Sharon, love it :)

Marlene x

Scrapmumur said...

OH....Your card is Stunning!!
great colours and details..your image looks wonderful.
I love it!!
Hugs Mumur

Tanya said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Thank you for the comments on my blog!

Debbie said...

Oh wow Sharon your card is beautiful, I love the effect you have created for the raindrops and the colours suit the image perfectly. Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Sharon what a great card for the challenge lov the colours and you fab colouring, great idea to use those large raindrops. Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs jacqui x

Heather said...

Fabulous!! Thanks for tring my stetch this week!! Love your giant rain drops.

Angie C said...

Sharon, what a lovely card. I love all the different papers you have used, and all those layers. Your WOJ image is coloured perfectly and looks really great. I also adore those large rain drops - what a fabby card.
hugs
Angie

Tara said...

This is so pretty Sharon, the colours almost match your blog!! xx

fairymadjo said...

very stunning, i love this image

gina g said...

this is gorgeous Sharon love the colours. gina xx

carolann said...

fantastic work hun xxxx

carolann said...

awesome card hun xxxx

Donalda's Blog said...

This is so pretty dear. such gorgeous coloring. Thanks for joining us this week

Rach said...

a fabulous card Sharon, such lovely use of colour, great idea with the large raindrops. hugs rachxx

Slideshow