Saturday, 15 November 2008

Basic Grey and Papertake - for the boys

Rightie-ho! Here is post number 2 of today. I'm playing catch-up and there are so many challenges I wanted to enter last week but didn't have time to.



It's been an absolute age since I made a male card, so when I saw the theme at Basic Grey Challenge this week was 'One For The Boys' I just had to break out the BG Archaic papers and make a male card.


I've chosen the Papertake Weekly Challenge sketch layout by Dawny for this card. I'm not sure if your male folk are like mine, but they don't like a lot of 'fuss' on their cards. This layout is just perfect for the boys. The only additional things I've added to it are 3 brads and a button in the middle of the sentiment.




I've also been a good girl and decorated the inside too!


Items used:
Basic Grey Archaic Papers
Papermania Brads and Buttons,
String
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye
Image was a download from PC Crafter.



P.S. Don't forget to enter my blog candy!

14 comments:

Donna said...

absolutely beautiful Sharon, the inside too. Donna x

Oma said...

This is a great card for a man!

Tara said...

Great card Sharon and I'm lovin' the inside of your card too! It's a great way to use all the scraps we trim from the front, well done! xx

cats whiskers said...

OOOh! what a great fellas card, love that image and the colours you have used. I agree the less fuss the better for men
Great card
Hugs Jacqui x

Kristen said...

What a great card! I love the image you downloaded. Such a great guy card!

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Fantastic card, I love the image so "blokey" !

Thank you for joining us in our challenge again Sharon.

Jo x

CraftyC said...

Great mans card Sharon and love the insert!
Clairex

Pauline C said...

Hi Sharon - love this .. hte papers are just so perfect for a man, not to mention the sentiment - great work!
pauline x

kim-paperbabe said...

Perfect male card and love these papers too! The Image is a great one too & not fussy for the males!
Kim

steph said...

This is fab! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Rica said...

Hi Sharon, I'm back from my hols (boohoo). Think I need to catch up on a bit of blog hopping.Great card and I love the archaic papers, one of my favourties for male cards.
hugs Heather xx

CONNI said...

THIS is just FABULOUS!! Love the inside too...
hugs conni

Cathy said...

Great card Sharon. i love that image, and those papers are fab for a bloke card!
Cathy xx

Kim said...

Oh wow that is a fab card. what a great idea. Kim

Slideshow