Wednesday, 26 November 2008

Basic Grey and Spoon Full of Sugar

Here is my card for the Basic GreyBasic Grey Challenge 12 - which is all about embossing. I embossed the background with Swiss dots folder and the vellum flower has also been embossed. The swiss dots was easier than I thought it would be, even though I had to run it through my machine 4 times to ensure all the edges had been reached. Lining it up wasn't too bad with these BG papers.

I've used the fab sketch by Michelle O over at the A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge this week for this card. I had to think a bit about which of my stamps would fit into an oval shape, and although I've slightly lost part of Willow's slipper, I think this one fits quite well.

Items used.
Papers: All Basic Grey from the Sultry range.
Stamp: Whiff of Joy, Willow with Cookies. Whiff of Joy sentiment stamp too.
The Paper Company Filigree Accent (added a leaf bead to the bottom)
Dovecraft Velvet Ribbon
Goodware tiny buttons
Gems and vellum flower from my stash
Watercolour pencils, Tea dye distress ink, white acrylic paint.

Although it doesn't show up in the photo, all the swirly bits in the stamp on Willow's jeans and apron have been dusted with glamour dust.

Now I'm off to decorate the inside.

15 comments:

TaraG said...

This is very pretty, Sharon! I need to ink up this sweetie!!! Can you believe I haven't done that yet,smile?! I love your colours and the embossing is great!
I'm rather peckish! Think I might go look for a biscuit,lol!!!
Hugs, TaraG

Donna said...

Beautiful Sharon, love that cute little border and your colouring is fantastic. Donna x

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful card, Sharon. Your coloring is wonderful and I love the papers and layout.
Karen x

Dawn said...

Beautiful and gorgeous colouring

gina g said...

Lovely card Sharon love the tiny buttons. luv gina xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Sharon your colouring is terrific, love the colours nd the layout of this one. Fabulous
Hugs Jacqui x

Paula said...

Absolutly beautiful Sharon your colouring is so good and the papers you have used are lovely.
Paula xxxx

Kristen said...

WOW! I love your card! The stitching and the little buttons all around the edge! That took some time do I bet. The Whiff of Joy stamp is incredible! I love how you colored her.

craft mad Jenny said...

such a gorgeous card,
jenny

Tara said...

A beautiful card Sharon, I love the colours and papers you've used. This is such a pretty image too! xx

Kirsten said...

Hi Sharon, this is beautiful. I love the colours & the green ribbon is a striking contrast. Kirsten x.

Rach said...

a beautiful card Sharon, so pretty, I love this woj image. you have coloured her beautifully.hugs rachxx

Pauline C said...

This is gorgeous .. love the way you have coloured the image.
Pauline x

Rleen said...

I love the image and the beautiful colors.

Bev said...

What a fab card, love the colours and papers, such an adorable image too.

hugs Bev x

Slideshow