Saturday, 29 November 2008

Basic Grey DT Call

As I mentioned in a post a couple of days ago, the Basic Grey challenge have a call out for some new DT members - open until 6 December. Well, my philosophy on life is "Nothing ventured; Nothing gained" so I thought I would submit an entry.

This is the sketch to use for the DT call.


I wanted to create a Christmas card using Non-Christmas Basic Grey papers. (I'd tried that a couple of weeks ago and liked the result). I also challenged myself not to use one of my WOJ stamps. I always find that WOJ and Basic Grey complement each other so well that I have to consciously pick a different image to use with the Basic Grey papers, even though they suit so many other images just as well.

I also wanted to do something different with the Santa Stamp. I've seen it so often in black, silver, navy and red so I inked it in a sage green colour for a change and embossed it with clear embossing powder.
I went for broke and pleated the ribbon - just to try something new. I love the result but it was fiddly to do.
I tried to be quite subtle with some of the embellishments so you have to look hard to see the stitching and the stick on pearls I used. Here is a close-up.



This is the inside.

Okay, Items used:
Basic Grey Boxer papers (the 3 patterned pieces) and Basic Grey Sultry papers for the 2 plain pieces.
Rubber Stampede Santa Collage Stamp. Papermania sentiment stamp on the inside
Holly Leaves - Prima
Ribbon, Red Gems and Pearl Stick-ons from my stash.
Hand stitched in a linen colour thread (all around the outside)

Okay, it's fingers crossed now - but with my sensible head on I know that most of the other entries will be so stunning it'd be hard to stand out amongst them! Good Luck everyone!








3 comments:

Tara said...

This really is fabby Sharon, I love the pleated ribbon effect and that image works so well. Good luck for the DT call, I think you stand a great chance with this one! xx

Paula said...

What a lovely card Sharon the papers are great and the ribbon is lovely my fingers are crossed for you hun and i also think you stand a great chance too.
Paula xxxx

cats whiskers said...

Wow this is brilliant, love your use of papers and the colour palette is perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Slideshow