Sunday, 2 November 2008

Basic Grey 9 and Sketch Saturday 23

This was a fairly quickie make - surprising because the sketch look as if it would be much more complicated than it actually is. I will certainly be using this sketch again.

This card is for the Basic Grey challenge number 9 for a Christmas card. I haven't got the figgy pudding paper, but I think this Basic Grey Eva paper looks effective on a Christmas card.

I've also used the fab sketch by Coco for the Sketch Saturday challenge number 23. You must try this sketch out as it is great fun to work with.





Items used:
Basic Grey Eva 6x6 pad
Gold embossed card
Black card
Kanban Christmas topper and sentiment.
Prima glittered flowers
Dovecraft brads
Ribbons from stash.


14 comments:

Debbie said...

Fabulous card Sharon, I love the vintage Santa image and the gorgeous flowers & ribbon finish the card off perfectly. Debbie x

Sandra said...

Great Christmas card. I have to agree with you those papers are perfect for Christmas. thanks for joining in with the SS fun. Looking forward to seeing your 'elaborate' card.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Your card is gorgeous and I love the papers you have used and the layout. Thank you for joining us in our challenge this week.

Jo x

Cathy said...

Fab Christmas card - wouldn't have thought of using those papers for a Christmas card ... but now!!
Cathy xx

Allison said...

lovely card
AllisonX

Mariska said...

Pretty card. Lovely papers and those flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday again this week.

xxx
Mariska

Pascalebrad said...

Great card Sharon! Pascale :)

Kim said...

Lovely card Sharon :) Kim

Jo said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I enjoyed using Coco's sketch too ;)
Thank you for joining in the fun!

carolann said...

fab card hun xxxx

Claire said...

Fantastic card, I love the vinatge look.

Claire

Kristen said...

What a lovely card! I love the Santa. It gives the card a vintage feel.

COCO said...

what a beautiful card I love the colors,
thank you very much for your participation in my sketch!

Mandy said...

beautiful card

xx mandy

Slideshow