Sunday, 30 November 2008

Clearly a Whiff Of Joy

WOJ is THE DT that I would die to be on! I mentioned on Thursday that Whiff of Joy are looking for a guest designer for the next 2 months - well, I would kick myself if I didn't give this one a try. After all, these are some of my absolute favourite stamps in the whole wide world (you'll see I use them rather a lot on my blog). All the details for the DT call can be found here .

Katharina has created a sketch for this DT call.

I have been very true to the sketch this time.....but I may just have another go later this week and really get creative with the sketch (you can submit as many cards as you like). You know what it is like, you really want to stand out from the other entries.......well the only way I could think of making an impact immediately was to use patterned acetate as the basis for my card.

This is the inside

Here is the back

Items used:
Papermania Patterned Acetate
Basic Grey Boxer papers (of course!)
Willow with lantern stamp
WOJ Sentiment on the outside, Papermania sentiment on the inside
Ribbon trim from my stash.
Watercolour pencils, Whispers brush stroke pens and brown Ink it up! pad.

What the WOJ team are looking for in their guest designer is " we are looking for a passionate, talented crafter with great colouration skills". Well, I don't have too many colouring mediums available to me at the moment but I'm hoping that Santa will be really kind to me this year. Still, many of us only have a few water colour pencils, don't we? So it's worth a try and if I don't make it this time around I'll keep practising and try again next time around.

Hope you like it , and good luck to everyone that enters.

6 comments:

Paula said...

Oh WOW Sharon this card is just perfect and soooo beautiful you should feel so proud of your self and to me that is a winning card my fingers legs and everything else lol are crossed for you hun.
Paula xxxx

6 wacky women said...

Absolutley fabulous card, Sharon. Everything about it is perfect!!
Good Luck my friend, I am cheering for you.
Take care
Karen

COCO said...

hi sharon !
your card is very perfect and fabulous !!!!
thanks for you inscrip in my blog !!
hugs coco

joey said...

Hi, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the acetate, beautiful inside too.
joey x

Katharina Frei said...

This is an absoultely wonderful acetate card!! Great job!
Katharina

Naoual said...

Love this card! Very pretty!

Slideshow