Sunday, 2 November 2008

Cute Card Thursday No 35

I've been experimenting again.

Here is the card that I've made for this week's Cute Card Thursday challenge whose theme is 'Cheers'. The challenge this week is to make 'Drink' themed cards, any type not just alcoholic ones! Now, I don't have many stamps with drinks on them, alcoholic or not, but I do have my trusty WOJ stamp which I absolutely love to use.



This time I experimented with my hand sewing by adding in a few french knots between the straight stitches (next time I'll try 3 straight and 3 knots I think). I also experimented with my liquid pearls - see the faux stitching I created with them? I wasn't sure it would work but I'm pleased with the result.

The last bit of experimenting I did was on the image and it turned into a complete disaster. I tried to get a grid effect shading but it looked awful, so I had to ink really deep into the image to cover up the mess. It is quite heavy, but in the end I quite liked the effect of the light 'halo' effect around Willow.

Items used:
Basic Grey Two Scoops and Eva, DCWV the Wedding Stack, Dovecraft Abstract Prints

Stamps: Whiff of Joy, Willow with Hot Chocolate and Melinda's Books
Silver Liquid Pearls
Everything else from my stash.

13 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card, great colours and image. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Heather "Hev" said...

Lovely card Sharon :)

Elaine Stark said...

I love your site and find it inspirational. I have been tagged and am passing it on to you. The rules are on my site.
Elaine

Jamie Martin said...

This card turned out really cute! The knots are a nice touch :)

All Pink girl said...

Beautiful card so gorgeous xxx
fabulous image and layoutxxx
you wanted to know about my bows lolxxx
please dont be horrified lolxx i have a picece of wood with clean nails in and i use that it was made by my hubbie after he saw this http://www.theglittergirls.co.uk/khxc/gbu0-prodshow/BMAK1.html but it is so cheep to by buy hope this helps xxxxx

Pauline C said...

Another lovely card Sharon ... you very cleverly covered up the "mess" LOL!! .. would never have known
Pauline x
PS thatnks for your lovely comments re me getting a DT place :-)

Tara said...

Very pretty Sharon and I do like that halo effect around Willow, clever even if it did come about by accident, lol! xx

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Sharon,best made cards develope out of our mistakes,and you've proved that with this one...well done,happy accidents they say...lol and i make plenty,
Take care
Sandra x

CONNI said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! I Love the colours you have used with this cute image, Hugs conni

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Sharon. I love the colours nad your layout is fab.
Cathy xx

Debbie said...

Oh wow this is beautiful Sharon, I love the colours and papers you have combined and the flower details in the corner are just stunning! Debbie x

carolann said...

super card hun xxx

gina g said...

this is lovely Sharon, well you cover up is fab. gina xx

Slideshow