Saturday, 1 November 2008

Exploding Butterfly Box

I can't believe that this is my 100th post. My goodness, that has gone quickly! Here's a little something that I've made for my One Stop Craft Challenge DT submission. Angie has set the theme of this week's challenge which is:


Things with Wings


Why not pop over to the challenge and join in?

I thought I'd use this challenge to make my first exploding box.




The items that I've used in this are:
Lilac and blue card.
Lilac gingham card, cream card with blue spot circles and pale blue satin card. All are from a 10 sheets mixed pack on special offer.
The Vellum Butterfly Leaves paper is absolutely beautiful.
I stamped the butterflies onto tracing paper in clear ink and embossed them with silver tinsel embossing powder.
The stamp set is a Kodomo Butterfly Set
Lilac and blue brads
Lilac and blue die cut flowers

Tim Holtz distress ink in LavenderMilled Lavender and Broken China
Card candy pearl circles
Wire



Hope you like it

10 comments:

Tara said...

Clever clogs you! I couldn't even attempt anything as difficult as this, I just know it!! It's beautiful, well done! xx

mueppi said...

Wow..... your box is great!
Hugs Gisela

All Pink girl said...

Wow this is so pretty fabulous work xxx

Faye said...

Wow! This is amazing and beautiful. I can't believe that this is your first exploding box. That encourages me to try one too.

gina g said...

Fab box Sharon love it. gina xx

Bev said...

This is your first exploding box?? Sharon it's fabulous hunny - such gorgeous papers and colours. Love the added butterflies too

hugs Bev x

Pauline C said...

This is so pretty and delicate - beautiful!
Pauline x

CraftyC said...

I think your box is beautiful Sharon!
Clairex

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow this is stunning hun, well done.
Hugs Jacqui x

Rica said...

This is so pretty - gorgeous and I love the way the butterflies leap from the box
hugs Heather xx

Slideshow