Sunday, 23 November 2008

Four in One

Well, I really know winter is heading our way now. Yes, I have caught my first cold of the season. It seems like this first cold coupled with exhaustion after the first week back at work really took it out of me on Friday and yesterday, but I'm feeling much better now.

I did manage to make one card yesterday so I tried to make it really count. Hopefully I can stretch this to cover 4 Challenges. In date order the challenges are:

Papertake Weekly - with a theme of "Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!"

Cute Card Thursday - whose theme is also Snow and Snowflakes.

For both of those challenges I hope the snowman image and the snowflakes I doodled onto it with stickles is enough to qualify.

Sketch Saturday has been used as the layout for the card. I really enjoyed that sketch.

Finally (but certainly not least) Penny Black Friends theme is "Funky Christmas" - Christmas cards with a twist, using no traditional colours. I think pink and blue coupled with the penny black snowman image (Thanks for the gift Pauline) is enough to qualify for that one.

Taking a leaf out of Tara's book, I've simplified the inside decoration on this card. I think I've been getting carried away with the insides recently! Thanks Tara for reminding me that simple is sometimes best.




The papers were a freebie with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine. My ribbons are Papermania ones. My mate Gina gifted me with the stocking, mittens and snowflake die cuts. Ooooh! just look at those sweet and dinky buttons I found! Aren't they just the cutest things? They are made by Goodware and I'm sure to be buying some more of these in different colours. They've been hand sewn onto the card with the zig-zag stitching. The Merry Christmas Sentiment is a Papermania one. The image has been coloured with Stickles (diamond), watercolour pencils and a little white acrylic paint to highlight parts.


Hope you like it.




17 comments:

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Sharon - love your use of the image and colours. Congrats on combining so many challenges and thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
Pauline x

PS. I have left a little something for you on my blog.

Lyn said...

Lovely card, love the blue and pink and I so want that snowman

Pascalebrad said...

Well done on the four in one. I love the matching inside of the card. Pascale :)

tiggertastic said...

this is so so cute, what a lovely make and soft colours

Sarah x

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Sharon. I just love your snowman...he's soooo cute. Pretty papers too.
Very clever...four in one.
Hope your job is going well....Take care
Karen

Kath said...

gorgeous card for the challenge this week Sharon - love the cute image and the pink and blue combo...hope your cold gets better soon and thanks for playing along at PBSc
Hugs
kath
xxxx

steph said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Sue said...

Beautiful card well done on 4in 1, glad you are feeling better. sue.

100drine said...

I like it !!! Elle est superbe !!!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous crd, I love the colours, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card again I love the colours on this one, hope you soon feel better dear
sending you **** big huggles ****
Jacqui x

Rica said...

I thought whilst I'm here I'd better make another comment, who knows when I will be able to get back again. You might have got the last comment twice I'm not sure, all went funny again.
Love it - the card I mean and yes I think it qualigies for 'funky' I love that image, it's so sweet (it's on my wish list - with 1001 other things)
hugs Heather xx

Donnas Den said...

Very well done to get so much mileage out of one card. Lovely ideas as well.

tracie said...

Oh Sharon this is gorgeous, love the colours and cute image - great work.
Thanks for joining us this week :)x

Bev said...

It's fabulous Sharon, love the papers and colours and those dinky buttons are fab!!

hugs Bev x

Cheryl said...

I just love what you did with this card. This is a great little snowman!

Beth said...

This is gorgeous! The colours are fab and I love the cute little mittens! Thanks for joining in this week! xx

Slideshow