Wednesday, 19 November 2008

Friendship Card

I spent last night making a DT card so although I don't have a challenge card to show you today - I've warned my friendship partner not to peek so that I can post some pictures of my November friendship card.

I wanted to create something warm and inviting so I started from the colours of yellow and orange. Then I thought "why not add a little clash with some red?" Finally I wanted an accent colour (green) and a colour to tone it all together (brown). I'm pretty pleased with the result, although it is a bit Autumnal.





The PB image was a joy to colour and I really had fun making my own layout with a few layers and lots and lots of little details.




Of course, the inside is well decorated too.













Items used:
Papers: DCWV Pocket full of Posies and Floral stack. Dovecraft Abstract Prints. Orange Card.
Image: PB gifted to me by Pauline (thanks hun - I must try to get my hands on that stamp!)
Sentiment: Studio G
Hand stitching with a Gutermann linen coloured thread
Ribbon, Candy heart, pearl beads, fabric brads, lace, confetti and flowers from my stash.
Leone Em Ash Branch Punch (can't help myself using it!)
Sizzix Corner Die Architectural Accents
Fabric Flower inside the card gifted to me by a previous swap partner.
Tea Dye Distress Ink
Watercolour pencils
Woodware Punch for the ribbon threading

6 comments:

Claire said...

Amazing card. I love the strinking and vibrant colour scheme and the inside of the card s a fab as the outside.

Claire

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful card, Sharon. I love the way you colored the girls, and love the colors in the papers. The inside is awesome too.
Take care
Karen

Donna said...

Oh wow, the inside is just as adorable as the outside, Very special. Donna x

Kirsten said...

Such a beautiful card Sharon - inside & out. The colours are fantastic & the image is so pretty. Kirsten.

Tara said...

Wow! What I love about this Sharon is that it has brightened up a very grey day, fab! xx

nessy said...

adorable ~inside and out! wonderful colours and image
vanessa xx

Slideshow