Monday, 17 November 2008

Penny Black 23 and Sketch Saturday 25


I've taken this photo in artificial light, so all the sakura stardust pens' glitter is not showing up very well.

This card is for the Penny Black challenge no 23 - Monochromatic. Normally I would do a black and white monochromatic card, but I thought I'd try a shades of blue and white one for a change. Please believe me, all the bits that look black are in fact a navy blue colour.

I've used the sketch layout by Sketch Saturday for their challenge 25. I was tempted to leave the sketch completely along and just cover the basic elements....but I got carried away again. So we have some additional snowflakes, and gems on this one.

Items used:
Papers - Anita's Contemporary Blue Christmas. Blue Card
Stamp - PB Coming Your Way, sentiment Papermania.
Ribbon - Celebrate
Snowflakes - gifted to me by Gina (thanks hun)
Gems from stash
Watercolour pencils and Sakura Stardust pens. Ink It Up! bright blue ink pad.

It is getting late, so I've uploaded the front of this card....but I am currently decorating the inside.

13 comments:

NGCARDS said...

This card is really cute hun, you've done this challenge really well! Thanks for joining in this week at PBSC! xxx

Marcea said...

lovely card hun and gorgeous image. Thankyou so much for joining us this week on PBSC
-x-

Pauline C said...

ooh Sharon this is fab - love the colourss you have used, the threaded ribbon and the little snowflake details. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

6 wacky women said...

Adorable card, Sharon. Your coloring is wonderful as is the layout. I just love all the little extra details, too.
Take care
Karen

Paula said...

Sharon this is just lovely the colours are great and the image is so cute
Paula xxxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, fab cute Hedgies and I love what you've done with the ribbon.

gina g said...

Hi Sharon fab card i'm loving the Blue tones at the moment.Gina xx


Hope you your first day back at work wasn't to bad and that they are all nice peeps,take care. xxx

All Pink girl said...

Gorgeous card so cute and so beautifully coloured xxxx

Kath said...

beautiful card for the challenge Sharon and I know what you mean about taking pics in artifical light...nightmare - love the image so cute and thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Kirsten said...

Hi Sharon, congrats on your Bootifulstampz win! This card is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the colours & the way you have threaded the ribbon is fab. Kirsten .

tracie said...

oh this is so cute Sharon, love the image and weaved ribbon - gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us this week :)x

Tara said...

Gorgeous Sharon, what a lovely image! I love the blue and white too, works so well together! xx

Cardmaking Galore said...

love your colouring

Slideshow