Monday, 24 November 2008

Whiff of Joy Challenge 9

Wow! Yet another amazing sketch over at the Whiff of Joy Challenge again this week. This time the sketch has been created by Heather - and with all the layers it was right up my street. I've made this into a wallet card for one of my DT colleagues as I needed to send her a few bits and pieces. I hope she likes it. I also wanted to do a pastel number because it makes a nice change from the strong Autumnal and Christmas colours I've been using for a while.






Papers are a mix of: DCWV Wedding stack, DCWV floral prints, K&Co Brenda Walton designer papers.

The pink check card, blue and yellow card are from my stash.

Whiff of joy Willow stamp and Whiff of Joy sentiment.

The pink flower is a making memories one and the centre of it is from a pink embroidered daisy ribbon found at my local haberdashers. The white flower and cream 'ribbons' were from the same haberdashers.

All other embellishments are from my stash.

Watercolour pencils and Pink and Grey Whispers brush strokes added to the image - along with white acrylic paint for highlights.

I made the little dropper using a bead and some wire (I wanted to use a charm but I don't have any yet, so the crystal bead is a nice alternative).


14 comments:

Tara said...

Great to see your lovely pastel card Sharon, it makes a really nice change to see someone using these colours! Love the glass bead too! xx

tracie said...

oh wow Sharon this is so gorgoeus, I love the soft colours, gorgoeus blooms and lace. Your colouring is gorgeous - i love it.
hugs :)x

carolann said...

Superb card I really love the colours
and image you have used WTG xxxx

Donna said...

Oh wow Sharon, this is beautiful,I love all the embellishements you've added. xx

debby4000 said...

fabulous card, love the pretty colours and gorgeous image.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, love the fab image and the papers & embellies are soo pretty. Debbie x

eba said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :) Thsi WoJ-card is really cute! Congrats on your hits too ;)

Paula said...

Wow oh wow Sharon i recieved my little parcel this morning and let me tell you ladies the photo does not do the wallet card justice its so beautiful Thanks ever so much Sharon i cant wait to colour all the images in now .
Paula xxxx

Rach said...

a lovely card Sharon, such lovely bright colours. hugs rachxx

Kirsten said...

Hi Sharon, this is lovely. The colours make me think of summer & the image is gorgeous. Kirsten.

tiggertastic said...

your card is so so pretty, what lovely colours and use of the image and flowers.

thank you for your kind comments on my blog you are very kind

Sarah x

Pauline C said...

This is beautiful .... I love the pastel colours and the way you have highlighted the image.
Pauline x

CONNI said...

Hi Sharon, this is fabulous and so wonderfully coloured.
hugs conni

joey said...

Hi Sharon, this is a beautiful card and gorgeous colours.hugs joey.x

Slideshow