Sunday, 16 November 2008

WOJ, Friday Sketchers and Spoon full of Sugar

This is my favourite of the 2 cards I made last night.

I've made this card for a 9 year old little girl who thinks she's more like 19! So, I couldn't have a card that was too childish for her however, it is a child's card nonetheless.

The Whiff of Joy Challenge has a theme of making a boys or girls Christmas Card with no blue on it. I don't have any boy WOJ stamps...yet, so I've used Willow again. Now, if you've been following my blog you'll know that I always colour this stamp in blue (I don't know why) so how pleased was I with myself at making Willow Green and Red? Pleased as punch!

I used the incredible layout over at Friday Sketchers. Murmur - thank you so much for providing such an amazing layout. I loved working with this. All those layers and strips really made me think about the papers I chose and the embellishments that would work with the card.

Finally, A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge has a theme of 'A Child's Card' so as this is for a 9 year old, I think it qualifies.

I wanted it to look like Willow was walking through snow. I'm not sure if this really shows up in the photo, but the cream flowersoft I added has glamour dust sprinkled in it too so that it really sparkles.

And, carrying on this week, I have decorated the inside too - just to show that I did use some snowman and Christmas tree paper on the front of the cards.

Items used:
Papers: Anita's Christmas papers and a Papermania paper.
Stamps: Willow with lantern and Papermania sentiment inside the card
Dovecraft Ribbons, Happy Christmas Sentiment Brad and Xmas tree brads
Water colour pencils and Sakura Stardust pens
Cream Flowersoft
Glamour Dust




11 comments:

Love to Doodle! said...

This is stunning Sharon....love your take on the sketch and wonderful colouring....love your idea with the flowersoft and glamour dust - I'm now going to treat myself!! xx

gina g said...

Fab card Sharon she looks just as pretty in red and green doesn't she, the snow looks good. gina xx

Scrapmumur said...

WOW.... you have interpreted my sketch beautifully, this is wonderful idea!
Great colours!
I love look, Sharon!
Have a good week end and thanks for you participation FS.
hugs, Mumur

Donna said...

Wow Sharon, this is a fantastic card, the detail is amazing, could look at it for ages. Hope your having a relaxing sunday, forget about the ironing, just find a big cupboard and hide it lol. Good luck for tomorrow hun. Donna x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Childs card, Thanks for joining us this week at a spoonful of sugar, Hugs Debbie x

Donalda's Blog said...

Wow !!!!! All your cards are just gorgeous dear. So beautiful colored. I just love seeing all your beautiful work. Thanks for joining us this week at WOJ

Rach said...

a wonderful card Sharon, well done for colouring willow's dress another shade..and beautifully done. great idea with the flowersoft. I will have to remember to add some sparkle the next time i use it as it looks lovely..thanks for joining us this week over at woj challenge. hugs Rachxx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card. Your colouring is amazing. I love the colours and the papers you have chosen.

Claire

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, great image and you have coloured it beautifully. Love the combination of papers you have used and all of the fab details inside the card. Debbie x

Tara said...

OMG Sharon, you have added so much to this card and it looks stunning! Must have taken you ages!! I am missing your Willow in blue but she looks just as nice like this and the flowersoft for snow is an inspired idea! xx

tracie said...

oh wow Sharon what a fabulous card, love the gorgeous sketch, DP and gold ribbon - love it :)x

Slideshow