Tuesday, 2 December 2008

2 Items for 2 Challenges

Well, this makes a change doesn't it? I've made an item each for 2 different challenges. Although I don't like combining challenges, it is sometime impossible to participate in all the ones I want to without doing that. However, I've made a few things that will go into single challenges this week.

Firstly I have a little entry into Cute Card Thursday. Their challenge 38 is LILAC. One of my favourite colours. I've gone a little crazy with the lilac patterned paper on this, but perversely I think it works. I've tried to add in lots of different elements so that focusing on each part of the card will show something different. This is one of those 'fussy' cards that I love to do, but my husband is not so keen on. I think this one will be used as a Thank You card but at the moment I've left it without a sentiment in case I change my mind and need it for a birthday.

Here is the inside of the card.
Items used in this: DCWV Floral Stack, Pocket Full of Posies, and K & Co papers.
Penny black Stamp. Sizzix Architectural accent corner and sizzix scribbles swirls. Prima flowers. Leone Em Ash branch punch. TPC Filigree accents. Lace, ribbons, gems, hearts, mother-of-pearl-type flowers from my stash.

Also, I pondered long and hard about what to make for the whiff of joy challenge this week - and I've only just made it in time! The theme is anything but a card. I was going to make a calendar but then I realised that I really needed a new bookmark. How often do we get the chance to make something for ourselves? Hardly ever, right? So I was very selfish this week and made this just for me. Just a simple bookmark.

Items used: WOJ Melinda's books, K & Co Paper, Gold thread, Black card, Black pen, papermania fringe ribbons, Dovecraft Gold Ribbon, Black eyelet - as simple as that!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Fab card and bookmark Sharon! I love your lilac creation, so pretty. My o/h is just the same, says everything I make is far too busy!! What do they know, lol!! xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, adorable image and I love the pretty Lilac papers and flower detail. Debbie x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love all the flowers, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Rach said...

a stunning card Sharon and a wonderful bookmark. hugs Rachxx

Donalda's Blog said...

Oh I love your card and bookmark dear. Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at WOJ

Kirsten said...

I love the lilac card! The papers, flowers & other embellishments are gorgeous. The bookmark is fab too.

Paula said...

Fantastic Card and Bookmark Sharon.
Paula xxxx

Pauline C said...

Fab card Sharon - love the colour and the swirls (I'm really loving swirls at the moment and must get a swirl die!!) and the image is one of my favourites - beautiful!! also the bookmark is realy cute - love the sentiment on it :-)
pauline x

Slideshow