Saturday, 20 December 2008

3 is the magic number

It was my turn to set the challenge over at the One Stop Craft Challenge today. I had great fun trying to think of a theme. Our themes are set weeks in advance, and I found out that another challenge blog was running a very similar theme a couple of weeks ago. It's that old S*d's law isn't it?

Anyway, the theme is: 3 is the magic number and originally I set it thinking that people would put sets of 3s on their cards such as 3 papers, 3 flowers etc. However, our creative DT members soon put paid to that assumption. Nip over to the challenge blog to see what they all came up with (link is in the button on the right of my blog)

For my part, I went 3 crazy! I adapted the 2 pocket card (instructions for the 2 pocket one are on splitcoast stampers.com) but I made it into a square 3 pocket card. This was achieved by using a 12 by 12 base piece of card rather than the A4 card shown on splitcoaststampers. Over this weekend I'll give you my instructions, because I do need daylight to take the photos.

So, how did I go 3 crazy?
3 pockets
3 tags
3 toppers on the tags
3 papers
3 flowers
3 leaf sprays
3 pieces of ribbon on each tag
3 filigree accents
3 sets of 3 gems
Hmmmmm - can you spot any more 3s?

Items used:
Kanban Serenity toppers and sentiment
Green fern paper
Pocket Full of Posies pad
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Dusty Concord
Lilac card
Clear Teardrop Gems
Lilac Gems
Lilac Ribbons (the suede ones were taken from a curtain bought at the range - it's one of those fly curtains you need in the summer and I think I have enough suede ribbon to last me for 30 years now :)
Filigree Accents
Leone Em Ash Branch Punch (Not again I hear you cry!)
Leone Em Stamens Punch
12 x 12 card
15 cm card blank
X Cut flower Punch

10 comments:

Pauline C said...

Wowee Sharon - this is amazing!! Fantastic work .. look forward to seeing your instructions. Tthanks so much for all your kind comments on my blog over the past few months - hope you have a Merry Christmas and look forward to seeing more of your creations in 2009
Hugs
Pauline x

6 wacky women said...

These are gorgeous, Sharon. I love this pocket card. So pretty.

Karen x

Paula said...

Hi Sharon i just love your pocket card it is stunning.
Paula xxx

Kirsten said...

This is terrific, spectacular & gorgeous - three compliments in one comment!! :) :) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas & New Year.

tiggertastic said...

excellent idea, and i love the tags, the images are fantastic

Happy christmas

sarah x

Donna said...

Love this card Sharon, great design. Thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas card, Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, speak to you soon. Donna x

bolha said...

Love, love, love this card. And those tags are amazing. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
x Natasha x

Chhaya said...

hey sharon.. how have u been?? hope u had a great chrsitmas with your family :)
love and wishes from India
Chhaya

Faye said...

Sharon, this is fantastic. Love the card.

carlzcardz said...

you designs are lovely hunni!! xx

Slideshow