Thursday, 4 December 2008

Daring Cardmakers

It's been a while since I joined in the daring cardmakers challenge, but this week's theme was absolutely perfect for a card I needed to make for one of my work colleagues.

"we are dreaming of a WHITE (and splash of pink Christmas!) I would love you to design a card which includes white mostly (ie: snow, snowmen etc ) and also a little splash of pink somewhere on the card. :) "

This girl is pink crazy! But I didn't want to make her a barbie pink Christmas card so the challenge fits my needs perfectly. The glamour dust I added over all the pink bits doesn't show up well on the photo - but it is so pretty and sparkly.

This card uses:
Lace paper
Cuttlebug Sledding folder used on white linen card
Pink Whispers Brush Strokes Pen
Glamour Dust White Satin Ribbon - threaded through holes made with a Woodware thread punch
Pink and white snowflake die cuts gifted to me by my friend Gina
All the bling gems are actually mobile phone stick-on gems.


Hope you like it.

8 comments:

6 wacky women said...

Very pretty card, Sharon. I just love it. The little bit of pink is just perfect.
Karen x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow this is so pretty in pink love it
Hugs Jacqui x

Rica said...

Hi Sharon - firstly apologies for being such a bad blogger. My computer is on a go slow at the moment so it's taking me forever to do the slightest thing.
Gorgeous card, love the white with a hint of pink.
Have left you something on my blog.
hugs Heather xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, I love the pink highlights.

Claire

Pauline C said...

This is so pretty and stylish Sharon - lovely and feminine without being too Barbie as you say!! Love your idea to colour the embossing folder and the ribbon threading
Pauline x

Paula said...

Sharon this card is just lovely.
Paula xxxx

Tara said...

This is scrummy Sharon, I love the pink and white combo. Did you ink your embossing folder? xx

Nanie said...

Wow ! I really like your card ! Great work !

Slideshow