Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Good Luck Charlie for Katharina's sketch challenge 37

Here's a card I made using the Whiff of Joy 'Good Luck Charlie' stamp that I received from Katharina for being one of the lucky winners on her Advent calendar windows. Thank you so much Katharina; he's a wonderful stamp.

I thought I'd change Charlie's usual colouring (he's usually in black and grey clothes) and turn him into a little Irish Leprechaun - for luck. I love the way that the green suits him so well. I've also used Katharina's sketch challenge for the layout of this card, but I rotated it by 90 degrees. One lucky winner of this sketch challenge will receive a cute little mouse stamp from the new Whiff of Joy Party Animals stamp set. Pop over to Katharina's blog - there are some previews on there and the stamps are so sweet.

The plaited 'ribbon' is actually more of the suede from the fly curtain I bought from The Range. I added some clear gloss to the little 4-leaf clover stamps.

Of course, I'm ending the year the way I want to start next year, by making sure I decorate all the insides of my cards before I start making another card.

Here's wishing you all GOOD LUCK in 2009

Items used:
Paper by Buzzcraft (discontinued now)
Suede ribbon
Yellow ribbon from the local pound shop
Whiff of Joy Good Luck Charlie, sentiment and clover stamps
Whispers strokes pens
Green Card
Anita's Clear Gloss




7 comments:

Pauline C said...

This is so sweet Sharon - love the way you have plaited your ribbon trim :-)
Wishing you all the best for a very Happy New Year 2009
Pauline x

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Sharon.
Love how you colored him. Your details are wonderful.

Happy New Year!

Karen x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Sharon. I love the little four leaf clovers and you've coloured the image beautifully.

Rica said...

This is gorgeous Sharon. Love the 'Leprechaun' take on Charlie.
I've been doing this sketch for about a week now = I'm on Mark III - this one is going in whether I like it or not (LOL)
All the best for the New Year.
hugs Heather xx

joey said...

Hi Sharon, this is gorgeous, I love the inside and outside, charlie looks fab in green!. joey xxx

Kim said...

Sharon your work is so pretty! I love how you turned Charlie into a good luck leprechaon! Beautiful! And your braided ribbon is gorgeous!!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Katharina Frei said...

Ohhhhh, this card is super cool Sharon!!! Love the colour combo and the overall "Good Luck feeling" of it. Perfect!!!
Katharina

Slideshow