Sunday, 28 December 2008

WOJ Challenge 12

I do hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that Santa brought you all the things you wanted. Sorry for not getting onto my blog to wish you all seasons greetings, but it was an absolutely manic time for me in the run up to Christmas and over the last few days.

Now that my guests have gone and the rush is over I hope to be back to my normal blogging. So to start off, here is a little entry for the Whiff of Joy challenge 12. Luckily this challenge is running until 7 Jan so there is still time to enter it. The theme of the challenge is:


to make a Christmas card with contemporary colors, (no red or green).
So, here's my first card for Christmas 2009 in Orange, Brown and Cream. I am determined to make a few Christmas cards every month from now onwards so that I don't end up with a mad rush like I did this year (well, it was my first Christmas making cards and I had no idea that I would need so many!)
UPDATE: I've added additional stickles to part of the front and added a picture of the inside of the card.
Items used:
WOJ Willow with cookies stamp coloured with Whispers strokes pens
Papermania Special effects cream embossed paper
Orange card
Brown paper from Dovecraft Abstract Prints
Prima poinsettia flowers
Large orange/yellow flower came from Mad About Cards
Leone Em Rock Fern and stamen punches
Yellow Stickles
Making Memories eyelet phrases (Merry Christmas)
Orange ribbon from the pound shop
Pearl stamens from a local craft store
Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.



9 comments:

Paula said...

WOW Sharon what a beautiful card. I love the image and the colours you have used. Thankyou for the lovely comment you left on my blog re the DT .
Paula xxxx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Sharon - love the colour scheme and your colouring of the image. V organised starting your 09 cards already .... bet you'll still be rushing though come next December (I started early but time really does fly by LOL!!)
Pauline x

Rica said...

Gorgeous card Sharon and the colours are sensational.
Sorry for lack of visits - many reasons !!!
Hope you had a good Christmas and all the best for the New Year.
hugs Heather xx

Heather "Hev" said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful Sharon :)

Donalda said...

OH girl this is just breathe taking!!!! I so love the colors you have used and love the inside of the card. Gorgeous.

Rach said...

this is gorgeous Sharon, love the colours. thanks for joining us at woj. hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Sharon this is just beautiful fabulous colours and beautifully coloured, just adore that flower. Thanks for joining woj
Hugs Jacqui x

Heather said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us!!

Bev said...

It's fabulous! Sorry I'm so late in getting round to visiting.

hugs Bev x

Slideshow