Sunday, 4 January 2009

Basic Grey Challenge 16

Yesterday was my day for adding a 'striking' card to my blog (Thanks Tara - I know it was a complement - and you redeemed yourself by also saying it was stunning -lol). So today I've gone all soft focus and fuzzy. There's nothing like ringing the changes in your cards, is there?


This is my Basic Grey entry for Challenge 16, which is a beautiful sketch drawn up by Martine. I've used a combination of BG Ambrosia (Grey papers) and Sugared (Pink papers) for this card. I think the photo's I've taken make it look a little more colourful than it is in real life.

I'm starting to get a bit more creative with my insides too. This one was made by cutting a blank square of paper, placing in on the card and then inking round the edges by going from the blank square onto the card stock. Okay, I did mess up a bit and got an area of dark ink - ingeniously concealed by those ash branch punched leaves. ;o)


Items used:
Image - Birds Life 2 download
Papers Basic Grey Ambrosia and Basic Grey Sugared
Silver Ink it Up! mini ink pad
Flower - prima and making memories.
Leone Em Ash Branch punch
All other bits from my stash.



16 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Love the flower embellishment!
Helen x

Pascale said...

image is adorable and I love the soft feel you created. Pascalex

Donna said...

Stunning card Sharon, soooo pretty, love those papers. I have something on my blog for you. Donna x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow this is stunning what fabulous colours and such a cute image
Hugs Jacqui x

kim-paperbabe said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, just love these colours together and love the paper's you've used, Great take on the sketch and loving your flowers and image! Thanks for taking part with BG, HuGs Kim x

Pauline C said...

Wow this is gorgeous - love the colour scheme and image - in fact everything about it!
pauline x
nnote to self : must try decorating insides of cards :-)

TaraG said...

Sharon, your card is so soft and pretty! I love that you combined papers from two different BG collections so beautifully! The inside of your card looks equally as fabulous. Great to have you join us at BasicGrey challenge!
Hugs,t

gina g said...

Great card Sharon love the image. gina xx

Sue said...

This is absolutely beautiful, what a great idea to decorate the inside too xx

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Sharon and I absolutely love how you've decorated the inside - I think I will have to 'borrow' that idea! Where did you get your branch punch? I think I 'need' to get one!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, love the pretty colours and the whimsy feel to the card.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow Sharon this is beautiful. Kim

Chris said...

A stunningly beautiful card Sharon! I love everthing about it and your great take on the sketch. The inside looks so lovely too. Chris x

Allison said...

great card and the ribbon is lovely
AllisonX

Rica said...

Gorgeous card Sharon - love the soft and gentle colours you've used - so pretty.
Thanks for coming to play with us.
hugs Heather xx

Kristen said...

Gorgeous! What an incredible download and how you colored it in! Hope you had a great New Year's!

Slideshow