Thursday, 22 January 2009

Exciting News!!!

I just had to share this exciting news with you all - it's okay, I do have permission. I still can't believe it myself and I think I've worn a groove in the carpet where I've danced up and down. Honestly - you'd think I was still a teenager sometimes.

My lovely, lovely friend Tara is starting up a new colour themed challenge blog called Colour Create and she's asked me to be on her DT! How good is that? I've been a fan of Tara's cards ever since I first joined the Do Crafts forum when I started making cards back in May last year. I was in awe of her talent from day one. And she has some fantastic members on her DT too. So I feel pleased as punch that she wants me on her team.

The purpose of the new challenge is to give everyone a different colour palette to work with each week - and you'll be able to combine this challenge with other challenges out there in blog land. So, if you're stuck for inspiration on a sketch or a theme - you could use the colour palette to help spark ideas.

Have a look at the challenge blog she's created. Why not become a follower? Her challenges will change every Sunday morning and will start in a couple of weeks.

Hope to see you all there!
Sharon

15 comments:

Clare said...

Congratulations on becoming a member of the DT! I will have a look at the new blog ASAP. There is a little something on my crafty card clutter blog for you. Love, Clare x

Pauline C said...

Well done on new DT appointment :-) new blog sounds good - very good concept to ahve a colour palette. Looking forward to it :-)
Pauline x

Helen said...

Congratulations Sharon!
I spotted the new blog yesterday...it sounds really interesting...looking forward to the first challenge now!
Helen x

Paula said...

Oh wow Sharon Congratulations im so happy for you.
Paula xxxx

6 wacky women said...

Congratulations, Sharon.
I thought I heard you screaming all the way over here. LOL
Sounds like a great challenge.

Karen x

Chris said...

Hello team matey, isn't it great? Sounds like you're as happy as I am LOL, well perhaps a bit more tee hee! See you in the challenge. Chris x

Nicola said...

Congratulations Sharon, I am looking forward to viewing your creations in new blog because you are so inspiring and I lurve your cards. xxx

Donna said...

Woo Hoo. Congratulations Sharon, doing a little dance for you too lol. I'm not surprised you were asked to be on the dt, your cards are stunning. Off to have a nosey at the new challenge. Well done hun. Donna x

cats whiskers said...

Congatulations Sharon you so deserve it, I popped over to look at the blog this morning and cannot wait for it to start. Looking forward to seeing your DT cards hun
Big Hugs
Jacqui x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Oh that's fab news honey... well done you... have now signed up as a follower so let the fun begin....

Have a lovely time while away from blogland..

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Tara said...

So glad you said yes Sharon, I know your creations will be perfect! Don't forget to start working on the 'slipper' week, just in case it makes an appearance, lol!
Thank you so much for your brilliant plug for the challenge, I can't wait to launch it!! xxx

Vee said...

Congratulations Sharon, I think you'll have to give up work to fit all your cardmaking in..lol..Now wouldn't that be great!!!!Well done you deserve it your cards and blog are fab.

x Vee

Vee said...

Hi Sharon have left something for you on my blog.
x Vee

Faye said...

Sharon, that sure sounds exciting. I'll look into it. BTW, there is an award for you on my blogspot blog.
Faye

Nicola said...

There are a couple of awards waiting for you on my blog Sharon. -x-

Slideshow