Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Lili Of The Valley - Donalda's Sketch

When I saw that Donalda had put a sketch together for the Lili of the Valley Challenge I just had to make a card with it. .........But could I find my Lili fairies? Not on your life. I know they are in one of my drawers somewhere, but they must be playing hide and seek with me. Naughty fairies.

So, instead I used a Stampendous Stamp and made an Easter card with the layout. Hope you don't mind. It was a wonderful sketch to work with.
I also took a leaf out of Jacqui's (Cats Whiskers) book - she mentioned using up her scrap papers a few days ago on her blog, so that's exactly what I've done with this card. The image has been made 3d by stamping it twice and cutting out the doves on one image and attaching them with 3d foam pads


Items used:
Scrap Orange Card, Yellow paper run through the swiss dots folder, Orange DCWV Floral Prints large piece of scrap and Yellow DCWV Pocket full of Posies scrap.
Dovecraft square brads,
Nesties
Stampendous Glass Dove Window stamp
Red, orange and yellow ink pads
Prima flower, L-Em stamens punch and wire from my stash
Ribbon from a card bought at the local £1 shop
Computer printed sentiment
Watercolour pencils
Stickles (on the doves)





14 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun this is beautiful as I knew it would be!!!! what fabulous colours you have used and I love those doves. Good girl using up your scraps, I look at it as more room for new Stash.
Have a good evening and thanks for joining LOTV this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Nicola said...

Wow Sharon, what a beautiful card. I love these colours, bugged background,fab papers and your stamp is so pretty. -x-

carlzcardz said...

Hiya Hunni,

I have given you the lemonade award over on my blog xxx

Tara said...

Really lovely card Sharon, it's great to use up scraps! I love the stamp, it looks like you decoupaged it? Gorgeous with all that glitter on too!
BTW, I'm still wearing the slippers, lol! xx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
I love the colors and the window and doves are fabulous. Love the inside too!

Karen x

Donalda said...

OH hon this is just beautiful!!!!!! So love the colors and your image is just so adorable dear. So glad you joined us this week and so glad you liked the sketch dear
Hugs

cats whiskers said...

Hi Dear its me again, I forgot to say, congrats on the Nanny front.
Big Hugs
Jacqui x

Daisychain said...

Beautiful card, I love the subtle colours. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week.

Hugs Christine x

bolha said...

Very nice card. Soft and gentle. Great take on Donalda´s sketch.
x Natasha x

Donna said...

Stunning Sharon, love it, so bright and cheery. I laughed when i read your blog, I have just wrote about the fairies on mine lol. Scary. x

nessy said...

beautiful easter card ~love the colours you have chosen!!
vanessa xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Sharon love the colours. luv gina xx

I have left something on my blog for you. xx

Bev said...

Fabulous card Sharon, love the colours you have used
hugs Bev x

Pauline C said...

Beautiful - this is so serene - love the gentle colours with this dove image.
Pauline x

Slideshow