Saturday, 17 January 2009

My Egyptian Pyramid.

Well, I've been stretched outside my comfort zone for the second time this week and I'm so pleased with the results. I made this 'card' for the One Stop Craft Challenge and the theme has been set by Eleanor this week.

Originally the theme was going to be 'Craft Like An Egyptian' but we've widened it to 'Craft like an Egyptian and Other Countries' as not everyone will have Egyptian goodies. This week, the prize we have up for grabs is a Jolly Nation 'Friends' Rubber Stamp. This one is so useful for a variety of cards. The prize has been donated by Shelley from One Stop Card Crafts

I have left my DT card blank for the time being as I haven't decided what occasion to use this card for. Having said that, my eldest daughter loves it and wants to pinch it from me.

This card was inspired by a someting I saw on someones blog (sorry, I can't remember who it was now) but at the time I thought that it would make a fantastic pyramid. Thank you for the inspiration.

My card has been made from:
Hieroglyphic Backing Paper
Kanban Blue Egyptian Goddess Toppers
Kanban Egyptian Cartouche Toppers
Kanban Egyptian Adhesive Ribbons
DCWV Far East 8x8 Stack
Icy Ribbons Pack
Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
Kodomo Autumn Flower Stamp Set
Dovecraft Metallic Eyelets

13 comments:

Paula said...

WOW Sharon this is Absolutly Stunning all the detail you have put on is Amazing.
Paula xxxx

Nicola said...

WOW what a STUNNING card, I love it Sharon.
Colours, graphics, just everything is absolutely perfect. -x-

cats whiskers said...

Wow as I pick my jaw up from the ground I say wow again, hunny this is stunning, I don't know what else to say. I am just lost for words, Well Done you clever old stick
Big Hugs Jacqui x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Super pyramid honey... what a great idea.

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon this is so different and detailed .. and love the rich Egyptian colours. Hope you have a great weekend hun
Pauline x

Carol said...

Stunning brilliant not surprised your daughter wants it me too!!

TFS
TC
:)

6 wacky women said...

OMGosh Sharon...this card is a work of art!!
What an absolutley beautiful creation. I just love it. WOW!

Karen x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
This is just spectacular!
I am in awe of your beautiful card it is so stunning!
hugs
kim x

Sarita said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I have had a good nosey around your fab blog, including your slide show and OMG your creations are gorgeous.
I love your pyramid-what a fantastic idea and beautifully done.
I will be back to see more of your fab work,
Sarita xx

Anesha said...

Stunning card! Thanks for visiting my blog. The stamp is a Stampin up one.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow - how cool? lovely work. Kim

Tara said...

I know I keep going on about how talented you are, but you really are a clever lady. Not in a million years would I attempt something so difficult! It's fabulous, well done! xx

Bev said...

Wow, this is fantastic Sharon - I agree with Tara, you are so talented!

hugs Bev x

Slideshow