Tuesday, 6 January 2009

One of those days.......

Do you ever have one of those days? Well, today is certainly my 'one of those' days. I called a meeting at work and it was a complete farce from beginning to end - all my fault, I just wasn't organised enough. I've made a few 'doh!' comments on blogs - you know the ones, if you read the posting properly you don't need to ask the question in your comment. Now, I've just realised that the card I made last night is for a challenge that closed yesterday so it's no longer valid.

Oh well, it's a new day tomorrow and I have a new chance to get things right. ;o)
Well, I'm going to post my card anyway. Mainly because it is so different for me. There's no stamped image. No topper. No flourishes, and hardly any embellishment. Why? because it was made for last week's 'Easy Elegance' challenge at My Time To Craft. I'm afraid it just won't do for this week's challenge because they want food. I just thought these papers looked elegant and all they needed was a bow. The layout is simple and easy to do - only took a few minutes to make.

Ah well, let's see if I can make a card tonight for a challenge that is running. lol.




10 comments:

Tara said...

Oh no, sounds like you've had a corker, lol! I'm sure tomorrow will be better so don't worry!! I have to say that I love the card though, even if it was too late for the challenge. I think we're always scared to leave things simple but it works so well, I love it! xx

carlzcardz said...

Oh dear, hope tommrrow brings you more luck!i love the card tho hun! it's lovely where are those papers from? cc xx

Bev said...

Sharon I love it - it really is classy and elegant.

hugs Bev x

Marlene said...

Lol.. yep.. got those days too!! but like you said, tomorrow is a new 'n.. and it will be tonns better!

Fabulous and stylish card, love it!

Marlene x

6 wacky women said...

Better days ahead...but non the less your card is stunning. It may just fit a challenge down the road.
I hope you have a great day..tomorrow.

Karen x

cats whiskers said...

Oh dear hun I have one of those days most days, my mind runs ahead of me thats the problem. Anyway sweetie as you say tomorrow is another day. This card is so different but so elegant I love it
big hugs
Jacqui x

Donalda said...

Yelp had days like that dear. SO glad you showed your card anyway for it is just gorgeous dear.

joey said...

Hi Sharon, I love it! the layout works so well with these papers, and your right they didnt need anything extra than a bow.xxx

Paula said...

Hi Sharon hope you have a better day tomorrow hunny. I absolutly love this card the paper's are beautiful and i love the bow it finishe's the card off perfectly.
Paula xxxx

Desire Fourie said...

Just love the simplicity and elegance of this creation. Lovely colour combo as well. Hugs from Desire

Slideshow