Saturday, 10 January 2009

One Stop Craft Challenge 11

Goodness me! It is Saturday already and here we are with the One Stop Craft Challenge again. The theme this week has been set by Donna. It's "Take a Punch!".

I was completely lost for inspiration initially until I saw a tutorial over at splitcoast stampers. I adore the spiral pop-up that I saw there so I thought I would try it on my take a punch card. This is the link to the tutorial: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/spiral_pop_up_card/

I have to show you the inside of the card first, because that is where all the action happens. I've used punches for the back petals of the flowers, the leaves and to make the ladybirds. My daughter needs a birthday card for 1 year old twins so I may just offer this up to her. After all, kids love primary colours don't they. I kept the front almost the same as the inside. It does mean that they will have to write their greeting on the back of the card, but I'm sure she won't mind.


Items used:
Blossoms and Butterflies Mat stack
X cut large circle punch
X cut flower punch
Leone Em Rock Fern punch
Nesties
Wire (for the antennaes)
Prima 'Got Flowers' for the centre of the flowers
Peel off sentiment
Black Whispers pen.

13 comments:

carlzcardz said...

this is fantastic hun! very bright too!! your up early today! xxx

Marcea said...

Wow, love this fun card. Papers are great too (I have these and love them so much). Anyone would love this, not just kids
-x-

cats whiskers said...

Wow!!!!!! this is amazing I love all the extras to it and that fabulous design and layout. Fab- U - Lous Hun
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Lorraine Robertson said...

What a super card Sharon... It's just so full of colour & fun...

Have also had a great time catching up on all your latest creations & will not leave it so long before visiting again... just trying to get back into the flow of things now.

Big hugs
Lorraine xxx

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon this is really funky and fun with so much clever detail to look at - very original and brilliant !
Pauline x

Tara said...

Sharon this is amazing and must have taken you forever. Well worth it though as we've been treated to a wonderful creation here!! xx

Faye said...

Sharon, what an adorable card! I can see all sorts of uses for this kind of design from birthday to get well. Yours is beautiful. I love all the pop-ups.

Nicola said...

Fantastic creation, any person young or old will be delighted to receive this beauty.

Sue said...

Wow what a brill card Sharon, luv all the detail, sue.x

6 wacky women said...

Awesome card, Sharon.
Your details are fabulous. I just love it!

Karen x

Scrapmumur said...

Marvellous card, sharon!!!
Lovely colours.
Hugs, Mumur

mamaluke said...

WOW WOW WOW, just love that!!!! Thank you for sharing. I'm off to look at the tutorial and the rest of your blog, you might like this card I made last yr... http://paperandpearls.blogspot.com/2008/08/busy-day.html

Paula said...

WOW another Stunning card Sharon you are so talented.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow