Saturday, 24 January 2009

One Stop Craft Challenge

I'm afraid that this has had to be an automatic post because I'm away from the Internet at the moment (and away from my crafty things - so I'm probably driving myself and everyone around me completely mad!). Rest assured that I will be busy popping over to every one's blogs and publishing your comments on here the minute I get back.

The challenge this week at One Stop Craft Challenge has been set by Maggie, and her chosen theme is:


Charmed

I've taken a step away from the cutie images again and pulled out a Kodomo stamp which I coloured with different Whispers brush strokes pens, stamped the image and the added clear embossing powder to heat emboss the colours in place. I haven't tried this type of stamping before and I really do like the results.


Ingredients:
DCWV Pocket Full of Posies Papers
Kodomo Autumn Flowers Stamp Set
Clear Embossing powder (I hope)
HOTP Cardmakers Ribbons Earth Palette
Darice Charmed Embellishments

Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink

Papermania Ribbon brads


10 comments:

nessy said...

gorgeous card ~love the image ~works so well ~and the charms really finish your card off perfectly
vanessa xx

Sarita said...

Hi Sharon,

I love the way you have used your rubber stamps, so creative and just beautiful. Fab colours too,
Love Sarita xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Sharon - love this type of stamping and the colours are very pretty. I'm just getting into charms so will try ot have a go this week :-) Hope you're having a good weekend
Pauline x

Tara said...

This is so lovely Sharon and that's why I know you'll be so clever on the DT. Never afraid to try something a bit different and you always nail it!! xx

Kirsten said...

OMG Joy, this is gorgeous! I've never seen that image before & you have coloured it beautifully. The backing paper is very pretty & I love the little charms. Fab card. Kirsten x.

Faye said...

Sharon, this is so gorgeous with the embossing that I sure hope you continue to do it. Really, really beautiful.

Rica said...

Gorgeous Sharon, Love the colours you've used and I love the effect. I haven't done this for ages, you might just have inspired me to get my collage stamp sets out.
I left you an award on my blog - I'm passing it on to my new playmates at Colour Create.
hugs Heather xx

6 wacky women said...

So pretty, Sharon... very delicate.
I do love that technique.
Elegant.

Karen x

Donna said...

I so love this card Sharon, so delicate and pretty. Donna x

Cathy said...

Great card Sharon - love the image and must have a go at the technique you have used, it is really effective.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Slideshow