Monday, 5 January 2009

Penny Black Week 30 Challenge

I may just lose a friend with this one....I've made a spotty wallet to contain a few little gifts for a very spotty lady (she's suffering from Chicken Pox at the moment). I didn't realise what I'd done until I'd finished the wallet card - talk about a Freudian slip!! I hope she takes it as a joke! It was meant to send her a hug - hence the stamp I chose.

I used the Penny Black Challenge for this wallet card. The theme this week is embossing. I kept my embossing simple, just used the Cuttlebug Swirls folder on a piece of thick pearlised vellum.

UPDATE - Oh! I've just seen that Papertake weekly has a challenge of "seeing spots" this week - How appropriate! ;-) I'd like to enter this for that challenge too.

The inside has been kept very simple - because I didn't want anything to distract her from the goodies in the envelope.





Items used:
K & Co papers
Pearlised Vellum
Penny Black 'Squeeze till I Squeak' stamp
Cuttlebug Swirls folder
All the other little bits of ribbons and flowers are from my stash.



21 comments:

steph said...

lol! That was well planned!!! Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with PTW! x

Lissaloo said...

What a Cute Card! Love spots & colors! :)

Donna said...

lol great card Sharon, I think I know the Chicken that it is going too. She's going to love it. Donna x

Lorraine A said...

Hi Sharon, I am really laughing here :-) I made a spotty card for the Sketch and Stash challenge and then realised it would be ok for the Papertake one too, then saw that you'done same with the PB challenge. :-)
Love this wallet, hope she s feeling better soon :-)
Lorraine

Kath said...

Oh well done...she is going to love you but hey great card and I'm sure she has a sense of humour...thanks for playing along this week at PBSC and Happy New Year
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Sharon ... beautiful image and layout, and I'm sure she'll see the funny side !! thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Hugs
Pauline x

Kirsten said...

Hi Sharon, GORGEOUS card hun. I'm sure your friend will love it. Hope she gets better soon.

Rica said...

Gorgeous Sharon love it - spots an all!!
I'm sure your friend will see the funny side -
I would - though I'd probably get my own back sooner or later (Lol)
hugs Heather xx

Donalda said...

Oh that is so cute dear I am sure she will love it dear

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful card, Sharon.
I love how you colored the little fellas.
So sweet!

Karen x

Rach said...

Love your spotty wallet Sharon, great image beautifully coloured. hugs rachxx

Paula said...

Oh Sharon i recieved my spotty gift this morning and ive been in stitche's ever since lol lol Thankyou so much it is beautiful i absolutly love it and the gift's inside are Fantastic your a great friend.
Paula (The Chicken) xxxx

LISA said...

lovely card, your friend will love it, spots and all!!!

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow this is beautiful I just love your colourimg of that cute image and The papers are perfect, I am sure your friend will forgive you when she recieves such a lovely little masterpiece
Hugs Jacqui x

Pascale said...

Great card for both the challenges. Pascale :)

Bev said...

Sharon this is just so precious. Love the sweet image and the beautifully decorated inside

hugs Bev x

Alison said...

this is fab, love the image so cute.

tracie said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous Sharon, I love everything about it, so pretty. And Im having a good old chuckle reading this ~ Im sure you friend will love it and find it funny too !!
Thanks for joining us this week
hugs
Tracie :)x

Marcea said...

beautiful papers and perfectly coloured image. Your friend will be so pleased to get this beauty that she would never dream of being mad at you, lol. Thanks fort joining us this week
-x-

debby4000 said...

Beautiful folder and I'm sure your friend will see the funny side of the spots.

Beth said...

Hee hee! I think it's very appropriate! Gorgeous image, I'm sure it'll cheer her up! Thanks for joining in the PB challenge! xx

Slideshow