Sunday, 4 January 2009

Sketch Saturday 32 and an award

Here we go with a second card and second post of today.
Firstly I'll show my card for Sketch Saturday challenge No 32. I've been so good on this challenge - I've kept (fairly) true to the sketch by Emma which was a lovely one to work with. The only liberty I took was changing the flowers for bows - but then I added a teeny tiny flower onto the bows to make up for it.

I thought I'd do a bit of doodling on this sketch because it seems an ages since I have done any of that. I also made a male card - Yippeee! I must keep this up in 2009 and keep making the odd male card because I find them so hard. No doubt my daughter will pinch this one for one of the boys in the baby group.

As for the inside - well, it's almost a mirror image of the front.


Items Used:
K&Co Papers.
Image was a gift for winning a challenge (used to be SBS 18 challenge)
Bows made from Cardmakers Jewel Earth Tones Ribbon
Nesties scallop
Water colour pencils, Whispers Strokes pen and tiny flower from my stash.


Now on to this gorgeous award. I've received this from Pauline last night and while procrastinating about who to pass it on to, the lovely Donna has sent it to me as well. Thank you so much for thinking of me girls and giving me a real boost to the New Year.

For this award I have to name 5 things I'm addicted to:
1) Crafting - well, that goes without saying, doesn't it?
2) Using my Leone Em Ash Branch punch - I'll wear it out soon if I'm not careful!
3) Shopping for and buying crafty goodies - and then shopping for more and more and more......
4) Visiting people's crafty blogs - you're all so talented and give endless inspiration
5) My granddaughter - I can't get enough of her and just want to eat her all up. lol.

Now for the hard bit. I have to pass this on to 5 people. I don't like this part because I'd love to pass it on to everyone who visits my blog, but rules is rules. So I pass this on to:
Tara
Carly
Karen
Kirsten
Heather


12 comments:

Maggie Bob said...

That card is divine - I love the gingham/houndstooth bows & paper!

I find making cards for men tricky too. I recently bought some kanban car themed toppers with my fil's birthday in mind, as he is quite keen on cars, lol!

xx

Pauline C said...

Fab card Sharon ... love the idea of the bows with the little flowers, and that's a great image. you're welcome to the award hun cos your blog really is fab!
Pauline x

Kirsten said...

Hi Sharon, Happy New Year. Hope you had a great Christmas. Thank you so much for the award, I'll have to think about what I'm addicted to - it should take me all of 5 minutes! :)
Your new card is beautiful, I love the ribbons & the image is very cute.

6 wacky women said...

Absolutley awesome card, Sharon.
Your coloring is wonderful and the layout is great. I just love it!

Thanks so much for the award...it means a lot to me.

Hugs
Karen x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card
Wendy x

Tara said...

This is stunning Sharon, the bows totally make it!
Thanks so much for the award, right back at ya!! xx

gina g said...

Hi Sharon Gorgeous card love the colours love what you have done with the bows.luv gina xx

will let you know when Keely has the baby. xx

Donalda said...

Sharon this is just so adorable dear. beautiful colored hon and such a awesome layout.

Heather "Hev" said...

I love this card it is sensational :)

Thankyou for my award - very grateful :)

Naoual said...

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the way you coloured the image and those little bows look fab!

xx Naoual

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, lovely cute image and great colours.

Gill said...

Fabulous card, love the cute image which you have coloured perfectly, thanks for joining us this week at SS
hugs Gill x

Slideshow