Saturday, 3 January 2009

The Sugar Bowl's first challenge

I had to have a go at the Sugar Bowl's first challenge using this 'Sweet and Sassy' Sugar Nellie Sweet Ebony Stamp. Their first challenge is an incredible sketch by Teits - Thanks Teits it was a real pleasure to work with all those layers. I also found that the sketch needed hardly any embellishment at all so I kept mine to simply a few pearl beads and a small bow. I'm looking forward to more of Teits' sketches - I think she has a flair for them.

The DT for this new challenge have made some tremendous cards for the launch challenge. Well done to you all. And the prize is an absolutely amazing 3 sets of promarkers! Wow! How generous is that? Just make sure you read all the 'sweet rules' if you are entering this challenge. They have posted them on the blog.

I've kept up my bargain with myself and decorated the inside again.

Items Used
Sugar Nellie Sweet Ebony 'Sweet and Sassy' stamp
Papers are a mix of DCWV Pocket Full of Posies and Dovecraft Abstract prints
Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
Watercolour pencils
Pearl beads, suede bow, Peel off, Brown matting and brown thread from my stash.


15 comments:

Sugar Mama said...

Hi Sharon
What a gorgeously sweet card!
Thanks so much for joining the first challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
Happy New Year
Sugar Mama x

Tara said...

This is stunning Sharon, I particularly love the way you've edged your layers with black, it looks really striking! xx

Kim Dellow said...

Your colouring is gorgeous Sharon. Such a lovely card. Kim

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is fab. Michele x

Toni said...

Oh wow gorgous summer colours I love the yellow Im with you and keeping with my inserts this year

tracie said...

Hi Sharon, oh wow what a gorgoeus card, love the colour combo and adorable image - fab, I love it.
Happy New Year
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Taniaj said...

Love the colours of the card, and all the papers. thanks for calling by to my blog Tx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Sharon - beautiful colouring and I love the overall colour scheme
Pauline x

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card...love the image and the colours you have used,
Take care
Sandra x

Pauline C said...

Hello again hun ... have left you a little something on my blog :-)
Pauline x

Kathy said...

Beautiful card !! Love the colors that you have chosen and that image is so cute!! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge :)Kathy

Lilian said...

Lovely card and I love how you have colored your cute image. Thanks for joining the challenge. Have a great weekend!

Bev said...

Sharon this is stunning! I love the rich colour palette and sweet image. Fabulous!!

hugs Bev x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Super card Sharon & I love the vibrancy of it all...

Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

gina g said...

Well i must say i don't usually go for these colours but this is gorgeous Sharon. luv gina xx

now i know what you meant lol. xx

Slideshow