Monday, 12 January 2009

Whiff of Joy 13 with my new stamp

I so enjoyed making this card. I adore this mouse with his lovely cupcake. I think I need a little more practise colouring him in, but for my first attempt it's not too bad.
This was made for the Whiff of Joy Challenge 13 which is a sketch designed by Heather. I was very good for a change Heather and stuck closely to your sketch. The only 'twiddles' (as my family calls them) that I gave into was a bit of doodling and my fabby new flowers. Yeah - okay the flowers have been around for a while but I've only just managed to get my grubby mitts on some.

Don't you just love my mouse size sentiment? How cute is that?

Items used.
Buzzcraft papers
Blue and Purple card
Henry Celebrating Mouse WOJ stamp
Prima flowers - Got Flowers, Got Flowers part deux
Creative times Just pots Funky Flowers (the large dark blue ones)
Pink dovecraft brads
Ribbon and lace from my stash
Watercolour pencils and Tim Holtz broken China distress ink
Darice Charming Embellishments Brass Charms - Words
Stickles
Okay, so I haven't finished the card yet - I'm still doing the inside. But I wanted to post this to my blog before the last day of the WOJ challenge.


17 comments:

Love to Doodle! said...

Stunning! Gorgeously coloured image - and beautiful papers/colours....love it...xx

Helen said...

Fab card! I love this little mouse too - he just looks so pleased with himself! lol
I haven't had a chance to use mine yet though :0(
Helen x

Pauline C said...

Ooh Sharon this is sooo gorgeous! Your colouring is fab! Lucky you getting hold of this stamp before it sold out .... luckily I have had some RAK's of it arrive today so I can't wait to play ! Hope my results are anything near as good as yours :-)
pauline x

tiggertastic said...

what a wonderful card, the image is so sweet, i love the way you have finished of the cake.

thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog.

sarah x

Pauline C said...

Hi again hun ... have left you a little something on my blog
Pauline x

Bev said...

Love it!!! The image is soo cute but I really love what you have done with him. He's coloured to perfection Sharon, and such pretty papers and embellies too.

hugs Bev x

6 wacky women said...

Such an adorable card, Sharon.
Your coloring is awesome...love the papers and all those stickles too!!

Karen x

Heather said...

Cute!! Love the lace!! Thanks for joining us!!

Nicola said...

Ooh Sharon that little mouse is soooo cute and beautifully coloured, just gotta love him.
Great papers and those flowers are gorgeous.
love this card. -x-

Rach said...

fabulous card Sharon, such a sweet image. and so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at woj. hugs rachxx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Sharon and I love the stamp!
Clairex

Vee said...

Another lovely card Sharon and the image is coloured perfectly. I have left an award on my blog for you.

xx Vee

COCO said...

oh very fabulous card !!! and lovely stamp !!!
hugs coco

Lorraine Robertson said...

Gorgeous card & I love those yummy colours...

Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

Kirsten said...

Hi Sharon, this is gorgeous!! He's such a cute little mouse & I think your colouring is brill - much better than mine. I love the flowers & the striped paper - they're a great combination. Kirsten x. PS Congrats on your new awards, they're well-deserved.

Paula said...

Oh wow Sharon this card is stunning and the image is sooooooo sweet.
Paula xxxx

carlzcardz said...

ooo my gosh how did i miss this! more cupcakes! where can i get this image hun? xx

Slideshow