Thursday, 5 February 2009

Charisma Cardz - Week 5

Joanne has created a 3-2-1 recipe for this week's challenge at Charisma Cardz. I had such fun working to a recipe. I think it may be the first time I've done one of those.

Of course, me being me, took a liberty with the 2 flowers. I tried hard to make it just 2 flowers, but the card didn't look right to me - so I turned them into flower combos and then I felt much happier. I even got to use some metal flower embellishments that have been sitting in my drawer since before Christmas.

I went with a simple layout and just a few additional gems. The ribbon is just a small piece over 1 corner of the image.

I'm not sure what happened but the pale pink edging on my daisy went fluorescent when I added stickles - look!


Ingredients:
K & Co papers, Penny Black 'Squeeze till I Squeak' stamp. Prima flowers, MIC metal flowers, Anita's everyday ribbon, clear teardrop gems, Tim Holtz distress ink and water colour pencils.

The winner of this week's challenge gets a prize as usual, and on top of that they can pick one of the DT's cards to receive as well.

Sharon

8 comments:

Bev said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, love the cute image and beautiful colours
hugs Bev x

Nicola said...

Stunning card Sharon, love your layout and cute image with these fabulous dp´s. -x-

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous Sharon - love this layout, colour scheme, image and flowers with the metal centres -whole thing is fab!
Pauline x

Paula said...

This is Beautiful Sharon love the image it's so sweet.
Paula xxxx

6 wacky women said...

Just adorable, Sharon.
I especially love your coloring and how you stickled the edges of the flower. So pretty!

Karen x

COCO said...

ho very nice card and so sweet image !!!!
hugs coco

Tara said...

I love everything Sharon, the colours (might have to save them for a future challenge, hee hee), the metal embellies and the petal gems! Really scrummy!!
Have a lovely weekend :o) xx

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card, lovely image and the papers you used are just yummy :-)
Lorraine

Slideshow