Sunday, 1 February 2009

Colour Create Challenge 1

Woo Hoo! The colour create challenge is now live. The excitement has been so overwhelming that I didn't sleep properly last night, so I ended up oversleeping this morning!

Well, the idea of this challenge is all about giving you a palette of colours to work from. So this photograph of cushions are the pallet for the first challenge. Brown, Cerise and Lime green (or brown, pink and green if that is easier with the items in your stash)

There is also an optional extra element to add to your item if you want to. This week it is Butterflies. I've included some butterflies on my card.

I'm still having camera troubles, so the brown looks very black in some of my photos - sorry.

I used a tutorial on splitcoast stampers to produce a circle flip up book. You can find the tutorial here.










Ingredients:
Papers: Blossom and Butterflies and Basic Grey
Cerise Celebrate Organza Ribbon
Prima Flowers
Dovecraft Gems
Stick on pearls
Stamps: Kodomo butterflies and Anita's sentiment.












Hope you like it. Please pop over to the challenge blog - the other designers have made some amazing creations. There really is some fabulous inspiration over there.
Hope to see an entry from you all.
Sharon xx




21 comments:

tracie said...

Oh wow Sharon this is stunning, love this design and gorgeous details - fabulous !!
Have a great day
hugs
Tracie :)x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Sharon this is just stunning what a fabulous card must have a go at this shape. Your papers are beautiful and all the added extras and images are just perfect, best of luck with this new Challenge Blog dear and I will try to have a go some time today.
big hugs dear
Jacqui xx

Sarita said...

Hi Sharon,
Absolutely love your stunning design, it's lovely to see something so unsual and really unique.
Gorgeous,
Love Sarita xx

Bev said...

WOW!! What an amazing creation Sharon - it's absolutely fantastic!!

hugs Bevx

Pascale said...

Hi Sharon I am just finishing my card for the fab challenge! I love your card it is so beautifully designed! I hope mine lives up to the great DT's, Pascale :)

Tab said...

ooooh this is just fabby! Love the design, never seen this sort of card before, makes such a super keepsake! Really clever, love it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Nicola said...

Oh WOW, this is stunning Sharon. I love these colours and your dp´s are gorgeous. -x-

Rach said...

a fabulous creation Sharon, looks wonderful. hugs rachxx

Chris said...

A fantastic flip up book Sharon, absolutely love it, it's so different and so creative and must have taken hours to make. It's a wonderful way to showcase the pretty papers and stamps you used and that luscious cerise ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. Chris x

Rica said...

Hi Sharon - absolutely STUNNING - love it.
I get asked to do a lot of Baby boxes but I'm fed up with doing them so I made a note of this tutorial on SCS but haven't done anything with it. Having seen what your inspirational creation I'm definitely going to have a go.
hugs Heather xx

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Oh wow, this is just amazing Sharon. How lovely that there is something different in each section. I have never seen one of these before so I shall be looking at the tutorial.

Hugs,

Jo x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, not seen anything like it before. Great colours to!
Clairex

Nikki said...

Hi Sharon absolutely stunning. Can't wait to join the challenge.
Nikki xx

Tara said...

This looks amazing Sharon, you are such a clever bunny. You chose the prefect papers I think and your creation is a real inspiration to us all!
Thanks so much for being a part of the team! xx
PS. You made me laugh, not being able to sleep either, lol! xx

Faye said...

Sharon, I think your creation really takes the prize for creativity! This is an amazing piece of art. Really beautiful.

Helen said...

Wow - what a great card! Must check out the tutorial!
Helen x

gina g said...

wow Sharon this is gorgeous must have taken for ever to make. luv gina xx

dianets7 said...

LOVE this cute little project! I saw its tutorial in SCS and really wanted to try it out. I think that now I must!

PatR said...

Sharon WOW!I just love this project and I can't wait to try it out. Thank you for your kind comments on my colour create challenge.

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon this is so wonderful!
What a fabulous idea and such a perfect creation!
hugs
kim x

Nicky said...

Wow this is just stunning what a great idea, I must try something in the shape

Slideshow