Sunday, 8 February 2009

Colour Create Challenge 2

It has been a wonderful week. I've seen so many blogs by incredibly talented people all thanks to everyone that entered the Colour Create challenge. It was wonderful to visit you all to see the fantastic items you had made.

Anyway, on to Challenge Number 2. Here is the photo of this week's colours.



Peach and Aqua

What a fabulous combination of colours? I didn't really have any aqua paper so mine is as close as I could get.

The added (optional) twist this week is DIY flowers, which means not using any pre made or bought flowers. There are lots of ways to make your own flowers and there are some great suggestions of how to do this on the challenge blog.

Well, I thought I'd try to make one of those beautiful ribbon blossoms that I've seen on people's cards. Ha! Ha! Not as easy to make as I thought. The final result looked like my cat had got into my ribbons and played with them all night long! I now know it was probably not a good idea to use satin ribbon - I'm sure organza is much better. So, for me, it was back to the drawing board.

The flowers have been made by curling die-cuts and then layering 2 punched flowers, also curled into the middle. I finished them off with a stamens punch to which I added the tiniest glass beads ever! Honestly, each bead is like a grain of sand. I also used these beads around the edge of the sentiment and the image.

Ingredients:

Stamps, Whiff of Joy and Penny Black. Papers: Pink Petticoat Papaya, the embossed one is Indian craft paper by Goldline. Punches. Fiscars for the border, Woodware for the flowers and Leone Em for the stamens. Cuttlebug Stylised Flowers embossing folder. Tim Holtz Distress Ink Broken China, Everything else was from my stash.

Please come and join the fun at Colour Create - you'll love what the other DT members have created this week.
Sharon

35 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

How gorgeous :)

Loving the aqua!

Tab said...

oooh love the card, hun! The image is fab and I adore your DIY flowers. I keep meaning to try one of those ribbon flowers, but daren't cut up the ribbon LOL, I must be brave!
Hugs Tab xxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow hun this is just stunning what a fabulous use of the colours, the flowers are devine and the image coloured to perfection love it all in fact
Hugs Jacqui x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Gorgeous card honey & I love those flowers... long time since I've had my boards out... ain't wee mousey cute...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Pauline C said...

Wow beautiful card Sharon with this colour combo - love your colouring of the image and those handmade flowers are stunning!! A bit worried about the ribbon blossom thing as I'm looking to make one this afternoon for a challenge with some friends to use a "new techinique" ....eek!! We'll see ...lol! Have a great weekend
pauline x

tiggertastic said...

such a very pretty make, i love your take on the 2 colours and the flowers are just amazing

Sarah x

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the flowers you have made and how you have shaped them and those beads ! I love the way you have used the colour combo - I was scared this week but all turned out well in the end !

Have a good week,

Hugs,

Jo x

Rica said...

Love it Sharon - it is so pretty and that WOJ image is perfect for it. Like Tab I keep meaning to try one of the ribbon blooms but chicken out at thought of wasting all my precious ribbon.
hugs Heather xx

Paula said...

Oh wow Sharon love it love it love it lol Great image he's so sweet and those handmade flower's are Fantastic.
Paula xxxx

Sarita said...

I was absolutely amazed when I saw you your beautiful flowers Sharon, the detail of the stamens and the beads is incredible, what a fantastic idea, you can really see the work that's you've put into it.
Your card is stunning, such a fab image and great layout too, and love that floral embossing folder as well,
Love Sarita xx

mar1ene said...

Gorgeous Sharon, love it to bits.. flowers are amazing!!
Hugs, Marlene x

Marcea said...

fab card and lovely colour combo. I really do love your flowers. I have yet to try a ribbon blossom so you are braver than me - they jsut look so complicated!! Have a great week
-x-

Pascale said...

Great flowers and I love that cute mouse image. Pascale :)

Helen said...

Fab card! Love the flowers...and of course Henry!
Helen x

Tara said...

Sorry your ribbon flower didn't work out Sharon, at least you were brave enough to have a go! I love your card and was so impressed with the flowers. The little beads look fabulous, you always manage to find something different to add. I love the way the petals curl up too, very realisitc!
A fabulous creation, brilliant :o) xx

SemSee said...

What a beautiful card! The flowers are brill, and the beads are inspired. You are a crafting goddess!

Hugs, Sem x

Alison said...

Isn't he a cheeky chappie, a stunning card Sharon.

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful card Sharon! I love the cute image and your gorgeous colouring. The papers are really pretty and I also love your shaped flowers. I wanted to have a go at one of the ribbon flowers too, but also don't have the organza ribbon which must be the secret LOL, it's good that you tried it. Chris x

Maria Matter said...

Sharon, this is just lovely! Your flowers look wonderful. The sweet little critter is colored beautifully and I love all the layers!!
Blessings, Maria

Claire said...

Such a lovely creation. The colours are gorgeous!

Georgia said...

Thanks for your comment on my card! I love your challenge card! The image is so cute and I really like all the papers you've used!
Georgia xxx

Donna said...

Sharon this is such a pretty card and this is one of my fav images, I need this stamp lol! :) Donna x

Kirsten said...

Hi Sharon, this is stunning. I love the colours & your flowers are brilliant.

Bev said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card sweetie, in fact it's delish!!! Love all the texture from the layers and your flowers are beautiful! Wow, it's a stunner of a card!!

hugs Bev x

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
I just love the peach/aqua combo. Fabulous coloring of that darling little mouse. Love the flowers and layout too.

Karen x

carol said...

hiya your card is really lovely, its fantastic i adore the colours for this weeks challenge x carol

gina g said...

Lovely card Sharon luv the flowers. luv gina xx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Really pretty card, love the cute image and your paper flowers are gorgeous.
Carole :D

Liz, said...

Great card, those flowers are brill.

Liz x

Faye said...

Wow, Sharon, your card is darling, but those flowers are simply wonderful. I hope I can figure out what you did to make them turn out so perfect.

Cheryl Joshua said...

Such a pretty card!!! You have done an amzing job with the colour combo and your colouring!! I love the image it is so cute.Thanks for stopping by.

Janet said...

sooo cute!X

Donna said...

Sharon what a fantastic card, I love your attention to detail, your flowers are fabulous. Donna x

CraftyC said...

A lovely card Sharon and your flowers are fab!
Clairex

Nicola said...

Ooh Sharon, your card is delicious with this beautifully coloured image and fabby flowers with those gorgeous tiny beads.. I only ever tried a ribbon blossom once and thank you for the tip re satin ribbon as this is what I used so may even give it another go.
There is a little something waiting for you on my blog. -x-

Slideshow